Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

One Tonner VZ S Modifications...

70NN3R MITCH

Reaction score
Members Ride
05' One Tonner VZ S
Hey Guys, just baught a 2005 One Tonner VZ S V6 Manual, only 45K on it, $20000 from holden dealer (got him down from 26000 with premium 5yr warrenty)..Very happy with the car! i am now in the proccess of modifiying her..

i'v got few mechanic mates and access to a respected muffler fitter dude.. and from what i here, ther is alot i have to choose from.. the first things i want to do to it is a full exhaust system with extractors, headers, cats, air intake mod and possibly diff gears...? from what little i know,i should be heading towards a custom-made set up. best best is pacemaker extractors, 2.5" and either redback catback 3" system or relocating/opening up the cats, with a 2.5" exhaust....?

with it being a tray and exhaust bit more visible, im thinking towards stainless exhaust-looks beter and lasts longer...?

i would like duel exhaust, preferbly 4pipes exiting rear (2 either side) bent down, though not confident in how it will look. with duel iv been stressed from mate that the system is linked after it splits into a duel,aparenlty it stops it sounding like ****..?

any advice, opinions, or ideas would be appreciated..

after mechanical mods, will be adding timber tray, side VZ indicator vents, possibly lowering blocks, but ultimatly air bag it..!

will gather pics ASAP of finished mods..
cheer. Mitch

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
not sure about all of it but the thing about the dual exhaust joinin at some point is true, the call the x-pipes or cross over pipes, it just helps even up exhaust flow, nearly all dual systems have them

bludeck

Wishlist = Blowa
Reaction score
Members Ride
jj
helps stop droning i beleive, sounds like you have an idea of what you want prob talk to your muffla 'dude' about the exhaust, id go two pipes exiting the back instead of four. you could even spit them out behind the rear wheels, makes smoke shows look great :)

listen_to_slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
from what I've read the exhaust will have a joining pipe down near the mufflers to make sure flow is always equalised all the way through the system.

How much do you want to spend on the car?

Diff gears will help - 3.45's if you arent getting very big wheels and you do a fair bit of highway driving. 3.7's if you are getting 19" or 20" wheels and do mostly city driving.

"Cold air intakes" are a waste of money at the moment, your best option will be to alter the stock airbox, commonly called the "2 hole mod"

Depending on the amount you want to spend, SUPERCHARGER!! but thats a good $6,000

And also a tune would do wonders

good luck and keep us posted