Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Onetonner with 4X4 downhill assist

Warrior

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ one-tonner
Well not really, but last thursday comming home and turning engine off I got a flash from the display saying 4x4 downhill assist turned off and showing a 4x4 going downhill. I just thought it was very strange,has'nt happend since. And I'm not worried, just amused.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
does it actully have it?

uteman

Ford Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 Ute
Well not really, but last thursday comming home and turning engine off I got a flash from the display saying 4x4 downhill assist turned off and showing a 4x4 going downhill. I just thought it was very strange,has'nt happend since. And I'm not worried, just amused.

Welcome to the world of Holden. :ranting: This has happened to my VZ ute a number of times, was told by Holden it was impossible, could not, would not,no way it could happen.

It's the same as the petrol gauge issue, they ignore you till they wear you down and can not spend another day with out your car. While "they check it out".

Last edited:

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
it is possible & surprisingly common, its a small glitch in the instrument software that displays oddities while it is shutting off, nothing to be worried about unless it comes on while driving.

Rob