Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oops .. VP remote fob went through the wash!

Jock

Reaction score
Hi all,
The title says it all. The engine imobiliser and central locking remote went through the wash. I have dried it and it now works but only intermittently. Is there a reasonably priced aftermarket alternative that could learn the code while it is still working (Wouldn't hurt to have two anyway) or will I need to go to our local gm dealer. If an original is required does anyone have any idea what it would cost?

Thanks in Advance
Jock

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
When I went to holden about a new remote (VP series 2) I think the price was $88 for the remote, $44 for them to program it and they basically said I have no option other than for them to program it, which i'm not to sure about. Because my only remote is the same as yours..works sometimes not others, I just disabled the immobiliser and have been using the key. I'm looking at buying another immobiliser / alarm setup anyway as they are not that expensive + you get a couple of remotes with them.

starkeyholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
Hey guys, go to dick smiths, get a can of contact cleaner, and flush the hell out of it, let it dry and put in a new battery. Worked for me... but maybe i was just lucky.