Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opelboys Opels :>

Opelboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Opel :>
Please excuse the poor english in the following post.

Hey! I thought i'd post some pics of my old opels here, since they have so much in common with the Holdens :>

For starters, Opel Rekord E is the ''basic'' upper mid-range Opel made from '78 to '86 with a big facelift '83. :yeah:

Now, the Opel Commodore C is basicly the same car as Rekord, only it has a rougher chassis and the front end of it's bigger brother Senator.

The Commodore C is more or less the same as Holden Commodore VB, if i'm not mistaking, whereas the later holden models are similar to the Opel Senator. (distinguished by the rear quarter window behind the rear doors.

But now over to my cars. I'm warning you, tho: THESE ARE WORKS IN PROGRESS! :) :) :D

I'm gonna start with my main focus and ''pride'' *cough* At least it will be so whatever decade i finish it.

My '78 Opel Rekord 3 door Caravan

CIMG1226.jpg

CIMG1224.jpg

It's a rust bucket of dimensions... But i'm doing my best to fix it.:wax:

DSC01184.jpg

DSC01182.jpg

DSC01173.jpg

I'm going to modify it somewhat with new interiors, a newer 16 valve 2.0l from Opel and chassis from Opel Commodore.
The government is very strict when it comes to modifying cars here in Norway, so you can't really slam any engine in it without documentation...

DSC00072.jpg

a little mock-up just for fun :yeah:

Warning: WORK IN PROGRESS.

This is my second car, a Rekord E 2 door '82

This one is just waiting for me to finish with the first one, but i managed to lower it (black&decker) and put on a little plastic.

DSC01255.jpg

DSC01251.jpg

As said, it's basicly just collecting dust in a corner

DSC01225.jpg

ARGH! Someone covered it with Ford parts!!!
I'm gonna have to clean i toroughly before i use it the next time. eeeeewwwwwww.:supersad: :ranting: :flame:

DSC01232.jpg

DSC01238.jpg

I actually hope to put a V8 in it. But it's gonna be hard to get it street legal :bang: :realangry

SOON TO COME

Opel Monza! "Opel commodore coupe"

1403737-bilde2-dsc00026.jpg

Greetings from Norway, Opelboy

Last edited:

Opelboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Opel :>
I'm sorry to say, but Opel only has a very few V8 cars :cry:

there's a 5.4l chevy engine delivered in Opel Diplomat v8

Image43.jpg

And thats about it, actually :bang:

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
On Trade ME NZ there is a wagon similar to the VB with a factory 350 and there is an Opel senator for sale also(VN style).
I like that 2 door wagon,Where you from?

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
Thats different good to see something like this to show how the basic same car was changed for different countrys. all the best with fixing them up.:)

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN exec project vh in the shed
nice opel's mate what engine do they have 4cyl or 6 cyl that monza is sick keep up the good work mate should be some nice rides cruising norway soon

CALAIS 6

snowballing
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz exec
nice cars man keep us updated with the progress