Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

opinions: hsv sticker

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
would it be laughable if i put a little hsv sticker on my executive rear window lol?

just cut of the "i just want one bit"...

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hsv-I-j...071310?hash=item4d6a6def0e:g:R4AAAOSwEjFXce9g

ALSO would my car be prone to getting stolen with these VT SS rims on it....

efe.jpg

Attachments

• efe.jpg
    efe.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The sticker....Your choice....If you want it, stuff what others think, as it is your car...

Rims are prone to be nicked whilst the car is sitting, more than the car.....A good set of lock nuts is quite often a good deterant against rim theft.

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
thanks mate, good input

the sticker i guess its not as bad as a chevy badge on the back, although i am looking to get a chevy grill, cos executive grills are crap as

ive currently got half crusty chrome but decent rims on it now, with 2 different set of lock nuts lol

was more just wondering if these SS rims are super popular and thieves will jump at them?

my cars off street at night but its accessible

H

harrop.senator

Theyre not ss rims and they're not vt either lol. They're vz svz or thunder wheels. May be susceptible to theft as ive been looking for a year n a half for a set and aren't the easiest to come across lol. They only came out on like 2000 vz's I think. Rest were ve .

Also do what you want but chev badge grill and hsv stickers on an executives pretty lame imho. I hate seeing ss cars with hsv I just want ones stickers in particular as I believe you should be proud enough of the ss but never really seen them on executives unless they were fake clubbies.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Nothing wrong with the sticker if it is complete, not cut up ........ you are just stating that you want a HSV, don't we all?
Chevy grille ...... oh dear, must you?
Those rims are genuine Monaro CV8R ..... rare as. And put some lock nuts on, that will deter grubby amateur thieves.

r3b3lw0lf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Excecutive S2
I agree. Ur car. Ur choice. Fk what others think lol.
What location are you in? I used to be hella paranoid bout gettin double din stereo cos i couldnt take face off, n it be stolen. I live nth suburbs melbourne.
I have never heard of cars getting pinched cos of tyres round my area.

If really paranoid get extra think chain to link all tyres with no movement to take tyres off. So the fkers would have to take all the car on tow truck witch im sure you would hear. Unless they had grinder to cut chain.. but you should hear them before they gwet all four you know?

Sorry to be a pain, but can u check my thread and leave an opinion lol. Cheers

H

harrop.senator

Agh yeah forgot cv8r copped them too. Wicked rim wish I got them off my old svz before insurance took it lol.

r3b3lw0lf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Excecutive S2
As I have found out. Some locknuts u just use socket that JUST too small n use hammer... u get them off.
Kid was rotating his vertinis lost locknut. He used 3/4 inch socket it, hit it on n changed his tyres lol.
Wlked into his room n found locknut lmao

H

harrop.senator

You can do that with any lock nut if its close enough to the socket size. You can also get Bolt removal sockets or "wave lock" sockets a lock nut will slow someone down as you'll need four correct throw away sockets as most times you need a vice and a hammer to get the nut back out.

r3b3lw0lf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Excecutive S2
Correct me if im wrong but there are some indented locknuts that need specific. Dont think they are all protuding locknuts which sockets go over.