Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opinions needed on header and OTR choices.

Slick_Vp_23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV M6
As you have a tuner in Gympie that MYVESSV8 recommends and that he speaks well of your first battle is over. Like all trades some tuners are not that good and wont stand by their work. He will be able to advise you what works and what is a waste of time and money. Who knows it might be the tuner that you know.
Yeah that’s it, always wanted to keep it a local build. Supporting our locals is what we need right now. Cheers Keith, great birthday by the way haha.
Take care mate.

Slick_Vp_23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV M6
there is a guy i know in gympie who runs his own speed shop, he has worked for me for a couple of years too, he is a wiz with these engines, has a dyno also, [email protected] his name is Rodney, just let him know Alan from work recommended you
Had a chat with Rodney and he’s happy to do a quick tune up but reckons it’ll run pretty good as is. Looking at doing a cam swap later on so obviously it’ll get a tune then. He said the Genies I like will do the job and I found a VCM MAF retaining OTR bundle kit for a steal online.
Went and got the headers today plus the 3” high flow cats and OTR are in the post. Thanks again for your help and recommendations everyone. Much appreciated.

Slick_Vp_23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV M6
Here are the Genie 1 7/8” 4-1’s but the model that fits VF’s also, slightly different to the VE only ones. Was assured they’d fit fine and are tuned length. Got them from the Narangba dealer, Carline. Keen to hear them in action.

Attachments

• E5F2887A-8070-432D-A8A8-5AAF21F5FF56.jpeg
    E5F2887A-8070-432D-A8A8-5AAF21F5FF56.jpeg
    300.7 KB · Views: 133

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
Had a chat with Rodney and he’s happy to do a quick tune up but reckons it’ll run pretty good as is. Looking at doing a cam swap later on so obviously it’ll get a tune then. He said the Genies I like will do the job and I found a VCM MAF retaining OTR bundle kit for a steal online.
Went and got the headers today plus the 3” high flow cats and OTR are in the post. Thanks again for your help and recommendations everyone. Much appreciated.
my pleasure
As i said, Rodney Knows his stuff, and to see him work is fantastic, very meticulous,

Ryan Licastro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE-SS S2
Hey all, hope you’re well,

As the title suggests, I’m after opinions and if anyone’s had experience with Genie’s mild steel 1 7/8 headers for their VE/VF? Am also looking at the Ramjet 3 OTR but obviously concerned with real world problems like rain and heat soak. Interested in their “best flowing OTR on the market” claim.

Thanks everyone, stay safe.
I'd go pacemaker headers 1..7/8 and a Ramjet 3

Slick_Vp_23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV M6
I'd go pacemaker headers 1..7/8 and a Ramjet 3
I was looking at the Ramjet 3, it was my main choice until I found the VCM with fascia bundle for cheaper than just the Ramjet without fascia. Still waiting for it as the post has been slow. Can always swap it later, am interested to see a comparison but I couldn’t find many reviews on the Ramjet.

I went with the Genie 1 7/8’s as it was much cheaper per set than Pacemakers. Both are mild steel and mandrel bent so I was happy paying less, plus Genies been around for a long time and I couldn’t find any bad reviews for their VE sets. Loving the sound of it so far, can’t wait for the OTR. Definitely camming it later haha.
Cheers mate.

Ryan Licastro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE-SS S2
I was looking at the Ramjet 3, it was my main choice until I found the VCM with fascia bundle for cheaper than just the Ramjet without fascia. Still waiting for it as the post has been slow. Can always swap it later, am interested to see a comparison but I couldn’t find many reviews on the Ramjet.

I went with the Genie 1 7/8’s as it was much cheaper per set than Pacemakers. Both are mild steel and mandrel bent so I was happy paying less, plus Genies been around for a long time and I couldn’t find any bad reviews for their VE sets. Loving the sound of it so far, can’t wait for the OTR. Definitely camming it later haha.
Cheers mate.
Manual or automatic?

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Those ramjet 3’s are ugly things (my opinion) I saw a video dyno testing a couple of different OTR Intakes and vcm made the most power, admittedly they didn’t test the ramjet but I highly doubt you’d notice any difference between the 2 driving on the road anyhow

Slick_Vp_23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV M6

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Those ramjet 3’s are ugly things (my opinion) I saw a video dyno testing a couple of different OTR Intakes and vcm made the most power, admittedly they didn’t test the ramjet but I highly doubt you’d notice any difference between the 2 driving on the road anyhow

I have a vcm on my ve. They look a whole lot better than the standard set up and the ramjet for that matter. It does pay to shop around. I got mine with the side pieces cheaper than others who were only selling the air intake. Performance wise they are as good or better than most.