Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opinions on rims

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
The point of getting 17's is so I can transfer my existing rubber tho. Lol. If I get 17x9's I'm up for new tyres straight up as well and for what I'd pay for 17x9's I may as well get 18in rims with tyres. But I take ur point. Still susing out what - can afford anyways. Lol

11gothevt11

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Sedan
Ok so thinking about getting a set of rims for my VT SS.
Whats peoples opinion of these?
ROH Mantis
MANTIS.jpg

Whatever I choose I will only be getting them in 17" as well. Would love 18 or 19's But i want to keep the cost of replacement rubber a bit lower as well as I want to transfer to decent rubber on my current 17's to my new wheels if I get them.
Sorry mate i don't like them wheels at all..
If they were going to be in 17's they will look wrong
My opinion if your mind is set on getting 17 look for a differant type..

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
At the moment Im still unsure if I can even get the above rims from the place Im looking to now purchase from, so these are the other 2 on my shortlist, mainy the first one
fuzion_machinedblack.jpg

Raker2018x820Hyper20Black.jpg

I know neither of these are overly expensive rims and Im only getting them in 17's, but I just want to make sure whatever I get suits the car

JustDylan

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina
You can't really go wrong with internationals, mates got vs senators on his vt and it looks pretty mean, vr clubsports would be nice as well. Holdens look better with holden rims in my opinion.

AndyVKSSA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR caprice 5ltr, VK group 3 rep 5ltr
how bout posting a pic of the car and someone might be able to do play around on photoshop so ya can see what they look like on your car

11gothevt11

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Sedan
This is the car they'd be going on
IMG_5650.jpg
Why do you want to change the wheels???
The stock ss wheels suits the car
My oppinion...All these wheels your looking ...Don't suit the car as the ss wheels do

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
2 of my rims are badly damaged, so need replacing. Its hard to find 2 2nd hand SS rims for sale in good condition and most sellers wont break up a set of 4 either. So if im gonna pay $600+ for a set of 2nd hand SS rims in decent cond, id rather just spend $900 on a set of new rims that make my car a lil more unique. Think Ive decided to get the PDZ Fuzion rims as well (the top 5 spoke ones in my post above)

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
Sweet car dude, good deal with those rims as well, the only thing I'd do would be to drop UR car another
inch or two, so they fill out the guards a bit more. Personally, if you end up going with the mantis make
sure you go shadow chrome, the bling chrome makes 17's look smaller, and defs would on your black beast.
Either way, you can't get rid of those VT SS rims fast enough. Look forward to seeing some pics :D

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
Thanks man. And nah def not gettin the mantis as I can't get ROH from wher I'm buyin from. Gonna get the PDW Fuzions. And def not gettin full chrome. I'm not a fan of chrome at all. Lol. And I hav trouble not scrapin around here as it is so think ill stick with the SL height for a while. Lol