Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opinions on wheels?

Unit_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 M6
Yeah, go for the advantis.

$2200 for the SSV rims??? You should be able to get a fresh set of them off eBay for alot cheaper, say around the $800 - $1200 mark and ask some dealers as they usually have a few sets that have been taken off customer cars as they've upgraded to different size/type.

Yeah and definately lower the car as soon as you get your 20s put on otherwise it will look like a 4WD haha.

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
Yeah, go for the advantis.

$2200 for the SSV rims??? You should be able to get a fresh set of them off eBay for alot cheaper, say around the $800 - $1200 mark and ask some dealers as they usually have a few sets that have been taken off customer cars as they've upgraded to different size/type.

Yeah and definately lower the car as soon as you get your 20s put on otherwise it will look like a 4WD haha.

Lol, yeah.. I've seen them on ebay for alot cheaper but I want them brand new. You never know what you get there..

Well when i posted this i was leaning towards the SSVs but now I'm pretty positive that i will go for the advanti gauntlets. They are more individual, they are more of a head-turner, they are bigger, and the tires are apparently cheaper than 19s.

I have found a few quotes, cheapest being $2420 for 4 wheels + low profile sports Nexen N3000 tires (which are apparently pretty decent?) + professional fitting and balancing in a drive-in/drive-out deal.:thumbsup:

Unfortunatly I will need to cruise around for a month or so as a 4wd until I have the money to lower it.:bang:

At this stage I am going for the 20x8.5 size all-round.. I don't think I would need the 20x9 rears as i'm not a V8 or anything.. your thoughts?

Cheers,
Dave

Unit_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 M6
Lol, yeah.. I've seen them on ebay for alot cheaper but I want them brand new. You never know what you get there..

Well when i posted this i was leaning towards the SSVs but now I'm pretty positive that i will go for the advanti gauntlets. They are more individual, they are more of a head-turner, they are bigger, and the tires are apparently cheaper than 19s.

I have found a few quotes, cheapest being $2420 for 4 wheels + low profile sports Nexen N3000 tires (which are apparently pretty decent?) + professional fitting and balancing in a drive-in/drive-out deal.:thumbsup:

Unfortunatly I will need to cruise around for a month or so as a 4wd until I have the money to lower it.:bang:

At this stage I am going for the 20x8.5 size all-round.. I don't think I would need the 20x9 rears as i'm not a V8 or anything.. your thoughts?

Cheers,
Dave

Yeah mate, good decision. I would have gone the 20s anyday or the 19" SSVs if you were to get them powdercoated black.

8.5 is fine for all round. The only reason I would go for the 9s or even 10s at the rear is because it gives the car an awesome stance with those thick rims and tyres.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
LAt this stage I am going for the 20x8.5 size all-round.. I don't think I would need the 20x9 rears as i'm not a V8 or anything.. your thoughts?

I've got 9.5 rears and haven't looked back but to be totally honest it is a waste unless you get wheels with dish and the Advantis you are looking at don't have it.

Good choice though, they will look tough as nails on a black car :D

veinternational

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE International Dual Fuel
Those SSV Wheels look just like my factory 18's lucky for me I don't sweat over wheel diameters so I'll stick to what I got and pocket the $2000 plus dollars:thumbsup: but having said that 15 years ago I would have spent a fortune and one reason why I don't have two houses now.....food for thought!!!

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
Good choice guys. I went with the Gauntlets and had them put on this weekend. here are some pics for you, I need to lower it now but massive improvement to the rubbish 16s. These are 20x8.5 with Nexen tires.

Click here to see the photos: ImageShack Gallery