Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

opperation turbo vp v8

v8_bomberdore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 5L
the only problem i can see with that setup is the waste gate is mounted along way from the turbo, thats just asking for trouble, and another thing , the dump pipe looks like it goesback down past the engine, from what ive seen its nealy impossible to do with a log manifold

Jayme

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 5L inj
well, didnt say the setup was nice, but at least in this one you can see where the pipes go... I beleive the dump pipe goes thru a hole cut in the guard and runs down the outside of the chassis rail.

v8_bomberdore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 5L
well, didnt say the setup was nice, but at least in this one you can see where the pipes go... I beleive the dump pipe goes thru a hole cut in the guard and runs down the outside of the chassis rail.
yeah that pic looks deceiving,the way im doing mine is pritty much the same , but my log manifold is a little different

v8_bomberdore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 5L
i finaly got my turbo today, i decided on the gt35r with 1.06 rear, this should produce some neck snapping torque, also my manifold will be ready tomorrow , so ill post up some pics

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
GT35R....nice choice, Ive been looking at one of them myself, not too sure on a T04 or GT35R, seem to be a good choice with the 5L

v8_bomberdore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 5L
GT35R....nice choice, Ive been looking at one of them myself, not too sure on a T04 or GT35R, seem to be a good choice with the 5L
yeah i was considering going to the t04z , its slightly bigger then the gt35 but the 35 has a proven record, and the t04z is a bit more expensive at $2000, i got the gt35 for $1650, anyway i got the log manifold finished , now its just the matter of bolting it up and mounting the turbo and connecting the manifold up to the drivers side, i should get that dun on the week end ,

Attachments

• aaron 079.jpg
    aaron 079.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 4,330

v8_bomberdore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 5L
MTQ in brisbane but i think there all over australia, Ray hall is another garret dealer and he knows his **** and hes priced the same as MTQ