Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

opperation turbo vp v8

LordMayhem

Here For A Good Time!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
nice job and hope it gives you the results you're chasing :) keep up the great work mate

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Why do u want to keep the clutch fan? A thermo fan would work better and u can set what temp you want it to come on, or have it on a switch aswell so u have controll on when it is on.
Matt

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
Why do u want to keep the clutch fan? A thermo fan would work better and u can set what temp you want it to come on, or have it on a switch aswell so u have controll on when it is on.
Matt

electronics don't work better, but have better speed control :p

looks good. and like lots of fun :)

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
electronics don't work better, but have better speed control :p

looks good. and like lots of fun :)

Ive seen a blown v8 vr that was heating up a bit more than usual and when he changed to good thermo fans then i went back to bearly hitting the 1/4 mark on the temp gauge.
Matt.

v8_bomberdore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 5L
Ive seen a blown v8 vr that was heating up a bit more than usual and when he changed to good thermo fans then i went back to bearly hitting the 1/4 mark on the temp gauge.
Matt.
i know the ef-au thermo fans work well , but the clutch fan works good to ,so if its no less thing i have to change then good

v8_bomberdore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 5L
as u can see even though the turbo is mount a fair way back , once u get a filter on the end and alow for your intercooler pipes there isnt much room, ill have more pics by friday of the intercooler all plumed up
aaron103-1.jpg

aaron106.jpg

aaron108.jpg

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
That wastegates going to heatsoak your pod, If it doesnt melt it first.
And you might get boost spike before wastegate opens because you have extended piping after the turbo itself, You should have put the wastegate on the otherside of the turbo on ur manifolds An dump it to ur exhaust output.

Goodluck though!

Also Noticed:
Your Alternator voltage reg may possibly melt!

v8_bomberdore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 5L
That wastegates going to heatsoak your pod, If it doesnt melt it first.
And you might get boost spike before wastegate opens because you have extended piping after the turbo itself, You should have put the wastegate on the otherside of the turbo on ur manifolds An dump it to ur exhaust output.

Goodluck though!

Also Noticed:
Your Alternator voltage reg may possibly melt!
ive heat wraped the whole manifold and i forgot to mention , ive having a alloy sheet made over the wastegate so that it wont melt the pod , so i think it will be ok , the waste gate is in perfect position so there wont be any boost spiking , as ive sed before this manifold design as been dun on a mates ls1 with no problems, and there isnt alot of room, trust me wait till u start on yours and u will know what im taking about

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
ive heat wraped the whole manifold and i forgot to mention , ive having a alloy sheet made over the wastegate so that it wont melt the pod , so i think it will be ok , the waste gate is in perfect position so there wont be any boost spiking , as ive sed before this manifold design as been dun on a mates ls1 with no problems, and there isnt alot of room, trust me wait till u start on yours and u will know what im taking about

hehe Mines a rear mount stealth system ^_^ What manifolds haha

It's the piping up to that, that has to be perfect ^_^

Cannot afford to make an engine bay turbo setup!