Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

opperation turbo vp v8

vp_304

Reaction score
thanks for all the info mate.
any bits i should watch out for when building my setup?
pritty much same as yours same turbo motor etc etc
how manny k's had your motor done? is it all stock ie motor internals gaskets etc ?

v8_bomberdore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 5L
thanks for all the info mate.
any bits i should watch out for when building my setup?
pritty much same as yours same turbo motor etc etc
how manny k's had your motor done? is it all stock ie motor internals gaskets etc ?
best advise i could give u is who ever is making the manifolds make sure they know what they are doing and only use 3mm steam pipe , everything is a compremize wen putting a turbo into vn -vp eg the manifolds have to made so u can access the spark plugs and the bolts to bolt the manifold to the head , even the manifolds i had made still make it every hard to get the plugs in and out and also u have to alow for where spark plug leads are going to sit , i had to have custom leads made with right angle ends on them with heat socks so they wont melt, u will need to extend the factory wiring a little bit not that hard to do , i relocated the ignition modual behind the head light witch didnt need anything cut, the oil drain needs to be plumbed back into the sump , u will need to remove the sump i welded a fitting right beside where the dip sitck goes into the sump , just be carefull were u mount the turbo becuase u have to have room for a air filter and intercooler piping and also bonnet clearence

vp_304

Reaction score
thanks for all the info mate :)
do u remeber how big hose you used on the turbo return oil line?

v8_bomberdore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 5L
just an update from the owner of my old car back on the dyno and 340hp at 8psi , he tells me hes putting on a come racing twin throttle body manifold this thursday

vp_304

Reaction score
wasting his time with the manifold change ive seen 2 355 turbos run 10's on the standard manifold with boost.
any reason why you sold it for mate?

v8_bomberdore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 5L
wasting his time with the manifold change ive seen 2 355 turbos run 10's on the standard manifold with boost.
any reason why you sold it for mate?

i dont dought u for a second but what people do with there money is there own problem , no matter how much advise u give people they always like to learn the hard way , i just sold it coz i wanted something newer , now i got a vx ss , its a good car but i still would like something else maybe a vy vz, also the new owner told me it blows the tyres well into third gear, makes me think i should have kept it

w4yn0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
is your mate interested in making another one of those manifolds?