Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Optional Police brakes ( pad replacement )

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS A6
Worth noting that the VF Series 1 police vehicles have standard size discs and pads, but they appear to be a different compound and the discs are the T3 slotted ones. I bought the 345mm ones in error, so if anyone is after a set...

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Worth noting that the VF Series 1 police vehicles have standard size discs and pads, but they appear to be a different compound and the discs are the T3 slotted ones. I bought the 345mm ones in error, so if anyone is after a set...

What are they (the ones you bought) ? DBA T3 ?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS A6
What are they (the ones you bought) ? DBA T3 ?
The ones I bought iin error are T3 DBA 4000 series (P/N DBA42078S). Not sure what the difference is, but they are slotted, and they are larger than the discs on the car. It appears the brake upgrade in series ones is just the slotted disc and better pads. IT seems to use the standard PBR calipers.

Last edited:

paulgar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 Calais V
I have the same T3 discs. Just get the calipers and you'll have stronger braking.Mine were installed at the Holden dealer after I bought some calipers on ebay. Pads are easy to get.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS A6
I have the same T3 discs. Just get the calipers and you'll have stronger braking.Mine were installed at the Holden dealer after I bought some calipers on ebay. Pads are easy to get.
Don't you also need the master cylinder?

paulgar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 Calais V
Don't you also need the master cylinder?
I was told by the Holden dealer, that was also working on the police cars, that they were the same master cylinder (VF series 2). Although all the media online says that the master cylinder is different. I think the Redline Series 1 with the Brembo had the standard master cylinder. Mine works very well, no problem.
They also supplied the banjo bolts (for the hose).

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS A6
Yeah...bmc was part of the package but that's not expensive..
I did a search for the Mando calipers on eBay itself and Google more widely. The eBay site that has them is sold out and I couldn't find anywhere else that offers them.

Perhaps a future upgrade but for now, my brakes still need replacing so I'm going with original size slotted rotors and Bendix Ultra pads.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 l67 commodore berlina
Hi All, Got my SSV with the optional police brake upgrade but no aftermarket pad manufacture lists or knows what pads fit these brakes. Has anybody changed their pads yet with aftermarket ones ? , love to get some QFM ones but without pulling the old pads out and either measuring / tracing them they dont know if they have any.

Thanks Mark
police use to use akebono on the front & bendix on the rear of vt - vz not sure what they used in the ve vf !