Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OTR CAI for VX V6

MACE

Reaction score
It's for this reason I said what I said before about buying CAI's :)

I know they exist, I just wouldn't recommend them :)

In saying this though if people still wanted to go down that path I would suggest people ask any manufacture if they're not happy with the product for a refund.

Cheers,
Steve

Cheers,
Steve

MACE

Reaction score
that's a interesting link Steve, shows how much flow restriction the flexible convoluted sections if intake ducting have overall. seeing as all factory cars have these there is some easy power to be found :D

Correct :) Contrary to what most on here say about CAI's, improvements in this area, they genuinely do work with measurable gains. Maybe some people have higher expectations then others in this regard, one thing for sure though is that people can do the testing themselves if they wanted to quite cheaply :)

Cheers,
Steve

V

VT Ryda

i have that exact otr on my vt, it works great, highly recommended, and its not a no name brand either...

ch1mp

Reaction score
If you have a valid reason for requiring my locati
Members Ride
VT S-Pack 3.8L Supercharged
Thats the one my mate has on his VT Super 6, but its kinda flimsy

lol...thanks Jonesy...it's actually not flimsy at all. i have my own piping in there now anyway but i've kept the actual intake. works really well in fact. and i've put the MAF sensor as far forward as possible so that i only have one pipe. it actually feels smoother than before and much more responsive. but I can definitely say that it's not flimsy haha. it's made of the same stuff that the original air box is made of

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
haha woops :p

MACE

Reaction score
With the OTR's I've seen for these engines the filters haven't been the best, silicon sealer required to seal the OTR and piping.

I don't know if it was installed correctly or not, as I haven't had first hand experience with it myself. As a general rule of thumb though if people aren't not happy they should let the supplier or company know about their concerns to resolve the issue.

Cheers,
Steve

TRI570

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
would it be worth while replacing the stock flex tubing in the VY with the stainless and rubber hoses found at a supercheap or autobarn? that link seems to think so?

vsv6dude

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 wagon
Forced or rammed air induction can throw out the readings by the MAF I recall reading this somewhere in the other commodores forum.

If the vehicle requires extra air just drill or 3" (75mm) or 4" (100mm) hole in the lower half of the cold air intake box behind the headlight area. You don't need to any more than just cut the hole.

Its a cheap mod that will remove restriction in sucking through the box.

In hind sight I bought the Sup 6 OTR for VS V6, and now I would just be happy with the standard intake plus the 75mm hole I have drilled right along side it.

Theres only so much air a v6 can suck with or without the ram.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Theres only so much air a v6 can suck with or without the ram.

That is true for any engine. The reason OTR CAI's work well on the Alloytec engines (as well as the gen III V8's) is that it considerably shortens the flow path of the air into the engine with the TB's facing forward. The shortest and least restrictive path is generally the most efficient :)