Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OTR IAT temperatures.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Interesting.. what's used to calculate intake valve temp?? Would have thought it would read alot higher being directly in contact with the combustion chamber? Or are they just theoretical numbers that rise and fall relative to one another?
Being always alcohol flex of some fraction I take them as being real and critical to transient fuelling. IVT is a mathematical model that uses ECT, MAP, RPM, spark, afr and also alcohol mix.
See attached.

Attachments

• 10.1.1.33.7763.pdf
    918.2 KB · Views: 236

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Interesting.. what's used to calculate intake valve temp?? Would have thought it would read alot higher being directly in contact with the combustion chamber? Or are they just theoretical numbers that rise and fall relative to one another?
IVT is calculated based on a few like commanded AFR, run time, fuel type, (im on ethanol so its a little lower) timing, load, torque as monstar said, im also on a scaled tune to suit injectors so its been adjusted to suit that too, its quite a major player in fueling to be just a calculation, transient fueling is based using IVT its used to determine evaporation factor of fuel from sitting on the valve/ports and before that u have the impact factor of how much fuel is sitting on the port walls/valve that didnt make it into the cylinder

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Great thread.

I guess there would be some benefit to wrapping the underside of a OTR with heat reflection material for those stopped IATs

anyone done this?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Great thread.

I guess there would be some benefit to wrapping the underside of a OTR with heat reflection material for those stopped IATs

anyone done this?

I dont think it will have much effect because of the short run of a otr and the volume of air going through it.
it wouldnt get much time to heat up to make a difference that heat shielding would change.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Great thread.

anyone done this?

I would use a sheet of aluminium insulation to stop radiant heat transfer into the OTR... I think some are available with a double sided sticky tape type adhesive so makes it easy to fit and forget sort of deal.

Heat soak would be more of an issue during stop/start driving, once you get up to speed and stay there the airflow will cool everything down but keeping it cool when sitting at the lights would be of benefit on the initial take off.