Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OTR IAT temperatures.

Wayne001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais
Howdy , what king of intake air temperatures are the guys with otr,s getting ? I have an orrsum otr and when the temp outside is 30degree whilst i am driving it will only come down to 56degree which i think is a bit high . It is on a vf 6ltr calais . Cheers

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
should be around around ambient or little above when driving, slower u drive tho the hotter it will get, 56 is too high for an n/a otr iat unless ur just idling

Wayne001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais
Yeh thats what i thought , must be some serious heatsink going on . I have the otr on a vf calais and it looks like stuff all cool air can get to it because of the crome grill .

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
u can try some mat insulation between the radiator and the otr to also help stop heat transfer

Wayne001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais
Yeh thats what i was thinking some sort of insulation , i did do a IAT reading when i had the original air intake and at idle it was 58degree with this otr it sits at around 70degree .

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
might be because the maf is right in the heat from the fans now where before it was to the side, may help to wrap some around that also, i dont even see those temps from mine after the blower with iat in manifold so something has to be heating yours up

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
When I had my my14 Calais with a Harrop OTR I never measured temps but was always puzzled taking a look at the setup with all the grill etc in front. If I recall correctly the OEM got its air from a hole in the mudguard (which they fill with the new OTR). Just seems a better place to draw air at idle/low speeds.

Wayne001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais
When I had my my14 Calais with a Harrop OTR I never measured temps but was always puzzled taking a look at the setup with all the grill etc in front. If I recall correctly the OEM got its air from a hole in the mudguard (which they fill with the new OTR). Just seems a better place to draw air at idle/low speeds.

Yeh i must admit i scratched my head aswell, just seems to little room for air .

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
Hi Wayne,

You got a photo?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
anything getting air from behind the front light is just getting the same hot air and there is no flow there either so it just heats up