Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] Otr

bozodos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 MY06
I found on mine that a bit of foam stuck to the edges of the lid improved sealing vastly. VCM are apparently bringing a new design to market shortly, which I would be interested to see - I don't like how the edges of mine rub on the underside of the bonnet, or the fact that it no longer opens properly.

Dragzls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ute
They are very cheap. I will be getting one next week for that price and will let you know how it goes. I currently have the 2 hole mod setup with mafless tune. No engine covers or radiator covers so shouldnt heat up too much.. Will be wrapping some heat paper of some description around it to see how it goes. wish me luck :) will post picks up

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
They are very cheap. I will be getting one next week for that price and will let you know how it goes. I currently have the 2 hole mod setup with mafless tune. No engine covers or radiator covers so shouldnt heat up too much.. Will be wrapping some heat paper of some description around it to see how it goes. wish me luck :) will post picks up

Any update yet?

ConstantVelocity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII SS M6
Bump - in for $180 ebay OTR results. Anyone fitted one yet? On VT/VX the AC condensor sits much further forwards so you'll have to bend the crap out of it (same as with ramjet).

gmwarrior

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS 5.7 M6
Yeah I Bought one a little while ago, total rubbish, bonnet does'nt shut right (not at all untill you move Radiator:rant:), had to move Radiator back, was still tight, after I got to fit ok bonnet shut ect, from pushing down in front of ac condensor it cracked the the plastic cause it was too thin in one spot, So when I went to get tune I bought an alloy VCM one and all good no dramas. warning you do get what you pay for, in this case total crapola. so don't buy them for VX to VZ, dono if they fit VE ect.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Yeah I Bought one a little while ago, total rubbish, bonnet does'nt shut right, had to move Radiator back, was still tight, after I got to fit ok bonnet shut ect, from pushing down in front of ac condensor it cracked the the plastic cause it was too thin in one spot, So when I went to get tune I bought an alloy VCM one and all good no dramas. warning you do get what you pay for, in this case total crapola. so don't buy them for VX to VZ, dono if they fit VE ect.

Finally some closure, I mean if it doesn't even fit it makes you wonder how they get away with selling it?

gmwarrior

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS 5.7 M6
Yeah thats right mate, I know you get what you pay for, but It's straight out BS listing it for VX- VZ, they said no returns to on evilbay so I guess they are just fishing for poor saps like me.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Yeah thats right mate, I know you get what you pay for, but It's straight out BS listing it for VX- VZ, they said no returns to on evilbay so I guess they are just fishing for poor saps like me.

saying "no returns" doesn't mean squat - you can claim it back through Paypal, open a dispute with ebay.

MUSone

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Y Senator
I recently brought one of those, and they will only fit if you relocate your radiator/condesor. I will be getting a mafless tune about the same time I fit it, I am very curious to see what it can produce on the dyno...
There is always talk of you get what you pay for and in alot of cases I agree. Time will tell.
I will update when the mods are complete.

gmwarrior

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS 5.7 M6
Yeah I did that aswell, still did'nt fit good enough for my standards, but I'm fussy.