Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] Otr

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Is it just me or does that eBay one block a crap load of flow to the rad? I'd also imagine that stuck in traffic on a hot day the plastic would get really hot.

MUSone

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Y Senator
Is it just me or does that eBay one block a crap load of flow to the rad? I'd also imagine that stuck in traffic on a hot day the plastic would get really hot.

I dont understand how it could block flow to the radiator?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I dont understand how it could block flow to the radiator?

Looking at this pic:

33mxu1v.jpg

The rad gets flow via both sides of the reo. Now there's a solid plastic box in front taking the upper reo flow through the intake, away from the rad. Looks like at least the top third/half (centre) of the rad isn't getting direct flow.

Memphisxxx1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss ute with 450 at the wheels
Ive also found the otr intake the alloy ones " if you have a lumpy cam tend to rub against air con rad and make holes :(

bozodos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 MY06
CAPA are now selling the X-Air OTR which is a very similar design as well. I believe the X-Air was first on the market though (albeit in NZ).

lasersailpete

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Hi i bought one of these of ebay a few months ago fitted it on a vx ss . Total pain to fit then found i could not close the bonnet.looked cheap couldnt get the filter to stay in place ended up using duct tape to secure the filter frame in place. piece of crap total waste of money and effort junked it and fitted a mace alloy otr (vcm i assume) top quality fits nicely and works well ..cheers.