Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OTRCAI Installed... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

ve ss man

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
looks fantastic i would like to get a cold air box for mine and computer upgrade soon

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Hey that is the same OTR-CAI I got put on my clubby. mine is maffless tho... did you not go maffless..? how many kws at the head do you have now.?

You can see the MAF in the pics. I didn't go MAFless because there isn't a huge advantage in doing so on the VEs. Well that's the general consensus anyway.

Here's my chart with just the OTRCAI, tune and a custom cat back exhaust.

R8_Dyno_Sheet.jpg

The before run is with the mods but not yet tuned... Stock from factory would have been around 235rwkw.

I don't know what you mean by "head" but I don't have the inclination to hook it up to an engine dynow to find out EXACTLY was the fwkw is. Can be estimated based on 307kw stock though.

cody_(ve/R8)

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve clubsport r8
When he said what do you have at the head, He means what do you have at the engine. My R8 is booked in for work ill let ya know how it runs.
December cant wait :D

vessm

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss manual
I thought u had this on months and months ago?

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
So you only gained 15rwkw from the tune?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Only??? Yes the tune gained 15rwkw... Don't know what the stock run would have been. But I have been told around 235rwkw for a stock 307 VE HSV.

So for a cat back (which is actually 20cm further back than the cat flanges), CAI and tune to get to 258.8rwkw is pretty good I reckon.

Puts a smile on my face every time I drive it - and to me, that's all that counts.

I have since spoken to the tuners and they can retune with a fully unlocked tune for probably 270rwkw. If I put headers and high flow cats on it, I can expect 280rwkw +

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Only??? Yes the tune gained 15rwkw... Don't know what the stock run would have been. But I have been told around 235rwkw for a stock 307 VE HSV.

So for a cat back (which is actually 20cm further back than the cat flanges), CAI and tune to get to 258.8rwkw is pretty good I reckon.

Puts a smile on my face every time I drive it - and to me, that's all that counts.

I have since spoken to the tuners and they can retune with a fully unlocked tune for probably 270rwkw. If I put headers and high flow cats on it, I can expect 280rwkw +

Not saying it is bad. Just goes to show the difference between a Holden tune and a HSV tune.

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado

I think it's time for me to start doing some stuff to my VE. CAI and cat back exhaust I think are on the cards.