Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OUCH!!!! Have I bought a re-birth

phantomwalker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon 2005
Just bought my secondhand VZ@VE Wagon. Yeh little old lady, only driven to church on Sundays Odometer = 6000KM.

Does a car compliance plate "VZ8VK35-614" - Manufacture -JAN07 mean VE@VZ model and what is the differnce to the VZ 2006 model?

Now that I own it , a few points have come to light. Not owned by seller from new, despite the information forged inside the warranty/ Service booklet, but, bought from fleet auction after accident QLD, re-registered NSW 4/08.

Let me tell you they have done a great job. My problem, so that I don't neck myself (ie kill) is to try and prove to myself that the car has only done the 6,000 Km on the clock.

Any advice on how I could do this would be really appreciated.

I have tried most government bodies and they say there is nothing I can do, anyone that can give me any other advise, that is legal, would again be appreciated.

I can live with the car but need to know it has only done 6,000KM.

Help a man, who is drinking too much red wine, to put his mind at rest.

Kind Regards,

Phantom.

P.S Only one key. I there any cheap way to get a copy made?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Jan 07 build date = VZ@VE. It was produced during the VE production as there was no VE wagon. 614 will be the engine tranny combo probably. Fleet car with 6,000kms is possible if it was crashed & fixed. But very doubtful.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Get a WOVR (Written Off Vehicles Register) check done.

Tbh, if it is legit and all, there's nothing at all wrong with a car thats had a stack that has since been repaired, provided that the repair has been done properly, with all genuine parts.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
can always ring up the service department where ever it was serviced to check what the odometer reading at the time of the service was. If they start saying numbers like thirty thousand then you've got a bit of an issue.

commodore2004

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz berlina
I'm sure if you go to any holden service centre they can put in your vin number and a record of service should be able to be accessed.

Did any service books come with the car? if they didn't i would be asking why.
And if the car has only done 6,000km a good tyre technition should be able to give you a tyre depth reading and tell what he thinks the car has done .

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
And if the car has only done 6,000km a good tyre technition should be able to give you a tyre depth reading and tell what he thinks the car has done .

that wont be too much help tyres can be replaced

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
and your assuming its been serviced by Holden

My car has only seen Holden twice in its lifetime of 120 000kays, when it left the dealership initially and when I brought it from a dealer. It spent its life as an unmarked NSW police vehicle in outback areas, so it was serviced by little country service centers depending on its stationing at the time of service. Had Holden not brought it to put on its lot the last time Holden would have seen it was the day it got sent to be comissioned.

Although the theory makes sense, new car, servicing by dealer etc, there is always the other side to the story, they mightnt find a service history, some people dont believe in the inital free service at 3000 kays :whistling

I know because I deal with enough shonks with other brands. Does the compliance plate match the VIN stamped on the chassis under the drivers seat? Theres a little rectangular carpeted area that lifts up, if not then you have a major problem on your hands.

Your problem, as I see it, apart from the 6000 kays, is trying to resell it in the future. If youve found it to be a re-birth then someone along the line will too when something doesnt add up.

Good luck with it, I hate hearing people have been burnt

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Tourquative
....'theres a little rectangular carpeted area that lifts up'.
What model is your Commodore?
Perhaps you could be a little more explicit. Such as where under the driver's seat? Front? Rear? Left? Right? Centre?
I would love to know so that I too can check mine !

Jase_81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S V6 LPG
Vehicle that was from Queensland could have been involved in floods in Mackay in Feb 08. Thats why it may look as if there was no repairs done. Also the low kms maybe because vehicle was not purchased until later 2007.

Last edited:

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Tourquative
....'theres a little rectangular carpeted area that lifts up'.
What model is your Commodore?
Perhaps you could be a little more explicit. Such as where under the driver's seat? Front? Rear? Left? Right? Centre?
I would love to know so that I too can check mine !

Pretty sure its all models from VT onwards, Drivers seat, underneath the front part. Basically directly under the back and forward adjustment :) It maybe hard to find if it hasn’t been opened before but its there :thumbsup: if you have trouble ill post a pic up