Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

over 200000 kms...

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
I rest my point!!!

Pablo

piggavy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx v6
My friends company has a VE with 210,000kms it runs fine!

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Trade ins are hard to use as a yard-stick, because it's really all about the final change-over price. Dealers will fudge the numbers whatever way they think will close the deal.

A dealer might offer you $5,000 for your trade in, and $20,000 on top for the new car, or he might offer $10,000 for your trade in, and $25,000 on top for the new car. Either way you're paying $15,000 for the new car, but one person will think "Oh I got a **** trade in, but a cheap car" or "I payed a bit for the car, but I got a great trade in".

lad79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Acclaim
Trade ins are hard to use as a yard-stick, because it's really all about the final change-over price. Dealers will fudge the numbers whatever way they think will close the deal.

A dealer might offer you $5,000 for your trade in, and $20,000 on top for the new car, or he might offer $10,000 for your trade in, and $25,000 on top for the new car. Either way you're paying $15,000 for the new car, but one person will think "Oh I got a **** trade in, but a cheap car" or "I payed a bit for the car, but I got a great trade in".

Yeah your totally right, its all about the changover price. Which is why its always best to try and sell a trade in privately and then go bargain with cash. Cash makes their eyes open wide, heaps better for them to move a car out without taking another used car in that they have to try and move later.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
The car looks to me as though they've looked after it. 230,000 isn't that bad. You might need to spend some money replacing a few things here and there but as long as they've spent money when required it's not bad.

Check for things like oil leaks and unusual noises from the engine and drive it to see if it feels consistent strength-wise.

batty_123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY
mate it looks like its been looked after...

BUT take my car for example... went and looked at it, found out it only had 1 other owner and that was the uniting church... was nice and clean you would think it wouldn't be thrashed or anything??

so i got it... for some reason i went on the dealers website like a few days after i got my car and looked at the pics of the cars he had on ther and he still hadnt removed mine.... had pictures of the car BEFORE it was cleaned...

it was pretty much thrashed mate.. aboslutley horrid never ever have i seen a car that dirty and worn down.. sooo its easy to cover up imperfections just keep that in mind ;)

but mine has only done 130k on the clock so yeah.. mech its A1 lol just a thought.. otherwise it looks to be in pretty good nick...

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Mines a 97 model series 1 (first line of production)
Its done 274000kms and still runs like a dream.

I'm second owner after a company purchased it from new. Has full service and maintenance history.
I now service it every 4000kms instead of 5000kms to keep it running smooth and to keep on top of things.

Main point is "look after it"

lad79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Acclaim
Mines a 97 model series 1 (first line of production)
Its done 274000kms and still runs like a dream.

I'm second owner after a company purchased it from new. Has full service and maintenance history.
I now service it every 4000kms instead of 5000kms to keep it running smooth and to keep on top of things.

Main point is "look after it"

By service I hope u mean drop the oil and change the filter? Otherwise your simply wasting you hard earned... Changing fuel/air filter, plugs, leads etc after only 4000klms is simply pointless....

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
Not wanting to bring this subject up again, but a mate just bought a VS Calais privately out of the local paper. One lady owner, only120,000K's, serviced every 6 months, she wanted $5500, he offered $4500, she rang him a few days later and told him to take it.
The bargains are out there!

Last edited: