Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Overheating and stalling

RB20DETVL

Reaction score
Website
home.iprimus.com.au
Members Ride
83 VH SL/E soon to be 5L
Im about to go and look at this VL that a m8 has offered me, He says that it stalls when it overheats, im looking for solutions and possilbe ways to tell what the problem is, anything is much appreciated. Also if anyone could give prices on such things needed.

Cheers Phil

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Overheat could well be a jammed thermostat. Pull the bastard out and run without it as a diagnosis. Check the ECU fault codes also, report back with any other clues.

RB20DETVL

Reaction score
Website
home.iprimus.com.au
Members Ride
83 VH SL/E soon to be 5L
is there anything else i should look at? any other signs or common things to check and how easy is it to do a diagnostics test as i am looking at it at 11am tommorow morning. Where would i find hte complete list of diagnostic outcomes? ive got a few but im not sure if thats all of them.

Cheers Phil

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Check the how to section, theres an ECU extraction post in there. Any more questions don't hesitate to PM me, I'll be around all day tomorrow watching the great race. :D

Mike.

RB20DETVL

Reaction score
Website
home.iprimus.com.au
Members Ride
83 VH SL/E soon to be 5L
OK so the overheating problem has been fixed and the CAS has been replaced in january this year, it stalled and it started fine after 30min, but what concerns me is the fact that it stalled, does anyone have any ideas what could have caused this.

Cheers Phil