Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P plate fell off, Need advice

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Ute Poison Ivy...
No some of us are real cops, like right now...

Can I just explain something to you all about demerit points?

Everyone gets this whole concept wrong...

Q. When you get a licence or permit you have how many demerit points?
A. Zero

Q. How long does it take for demerit points to be taken off your licence?
A. Three years from the date of the offence carrying the point.

Q. When you get suspended from demerit points offences how many points do you have when you get your licence back?"
A. As many as you had when you lost it...

So think about it this way, everyone starts with "0". But certain licences can only ACCUMULATE a particular amount of demerit points ie 12 or 6 or 4.

So if you are in the category that only allows 6, and you get done twice for speeding under 15km/h (which carries 3 point for each offence) say in 2 months, then you have accumulated 6 points and your licence will be suspended for 3 months automatically.

Right, after 3 months you may get your licence back, but you still have 6 points accumulated. Your licence will be considered to be on probation (not P's necessarily) which means if you accumulate aeven just 1 demerit point your licence is gone again. You can only accumulate the maximum points for your licence type. There is no need for the Road Transport Governing Bodies to put you in over the maximum, so you can't have 19 demerit points. Your licence will just keep getting uspended and eventually you will go to court and probably get disqualified if you continue to offend.

The reason I wanted to say this, is a lot of people think that they'll get their point back after a suspension but its not the case. If you have 3 and you get your full licence then you still only have 3 demerit points, the only difference is that now you'll be able to ACCUMULATE 12...

Hope that makes sense to everyone. I just don't want people going out and losing their licenses straight away thinking they have no demeirt points after a suspension when it doesn't work that way... You still have to wait until time wipes them away...

Cheers.

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
flat6 said:
lol you guys are assholes, what are you all? ex cops?

I wasnt being racist by the way, got it from the chapelle show.. no ludacris?

And did one of you's stop to think that **** if the plate "fell off" whilst i was driving, by power of god thats my fault...? I made sure it was on when i left the house, ask the cop, i was quite shocked to see it sittin face up on my parcle shelf.

How in the hell did i do something wrong here? you're all judgin me as if i was doin 200kmph drunk in a school zone at 3:30pm.

I thank those of you's who gave me usefull respnses :)

Ill tell you.. ive been on my p's for 2 yrs now, and i also have those plates.. they have NOT fallen off.. wash your window then stick them on.. they will stay on for years..

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
VkCalaisDaZ said:
Ill tell you.. ive been on my p's for 2 yrs now, and i also have those plates.. they have NOT fallen off.. wash your window then stick them on.. they will stay on for years..

except those ****py rubber ones you get from vicroads. front one stays on all the time, back one always falls off after a while. its annoying going for a drive, then looking in the rear view to see no plate on the back window.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
stickytape, blutack.... jeez they will stay on if you have a real go.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
vlv8vic said:
stickytape, blutack.... jeez they will stay on if you have a real go.

i just got new tint and dont wanna mess it up though

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
flat6 said:
lol you guys are assholes, what are you all? ex cops?

I wasnt being racist by the way, got it from the chapelle show.. no ludacris?

And did one of you's stop to think that **** if the plate "fell off" whilst i was driving, by power of god thats my fault...? I made sure it was on when i left the house, ask the cop, i was quite shocked to see it sittin face up on my parcle shelf.

How in the hell did i do something wrong here? you're all judgin me as if i was doin 200kmph drunk in a school zone at 3:30pm.

I thank those of you's who gave me usefull respnses :)

mate it doesnt matter its the law u must have your P plate Secure and fixed and easily seen.....and thats that if they want to book u they will....the cop was jus doing his job.......think if he lets u off he has to let everyone off.....