Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P Plate issues

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
Hi guys I dont like to enhance P Platers into speeding or hooning but since i have a soon to be 18yr old and upon some investigation and calculations you will find that in Victoria the price of Vt-Vx Calais superchargers will be on the rise as this vehicle is one of very very few performance vehicle that is still legal under the Power to Weight ratio for P platers to drive! Any thoughts and has anyone done their homework on this matter cheers
Frank

you can drive a vt clubsport 5 litre, but thats the latest model you can drive a v8, but as far as i know, all supercharged holdens are legal

Luked

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
D22
You can drive anything on your L's in Victoria anyway..........
My mate's on his L's and drives a VZ SS ute 6ltr:)
The minute you get your P's its different, because you are alone, and have no one to make sure you do dodgy stuff.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
What If?? You lost your full license (completely) and had to start again? would the restrictions relate to you? It wouldn't be good if you already owned a over powered beast and wanted to return to normal after you got it back!!:ranting: :bang:

Depending on what you lost your license for, at the end of the cancellation (sp?) period you go to vicroads, pay your money and get a new one. There is no test and it is whatever you had before. You may need the courts permission first and if you lost it during a probationary period, that period may be extended.

Reaper

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
the thing to look out for with the s/c 6 is the torque, that will get them into troubble in the wrong hands
had one of my friends get into her parents sc stato, watched her pull out, too much throttle ended up in the other side of the road in the gutter....

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
the thing to look out for with the s/c 6 is the torque, that will get them into troubble in the wrong hands
had one of my friends get into her parents sc stato, watched her pull out, too much throttle ended up in the other side of the road in the gutter....

What about my project, Will have more torque(Talk) than a wog in a VL Turbo

Then again, I learnt to drive sensably in 5ltrs & 5.7ltrs, Manual & Auto's. Oh well... Gotta start somewhere, and only way to learn is by slowly ease urself into it. I go from my car to my bro's v8 and go HOLY **** too much throttle...

Cheers
MaT