Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] P Plate Laws

GMHCalais

[TUKN20Z]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII 5.7 Calais, VS SS SII HSV Enhanced
hey all,

im just curious as to how the p plate laws are going to be done if theyre put through at the end of this year or whenever. im refering to the P plate laws which do not allow people on P Plates to drive high powered vehicles i.e turbocharged, supercharged & v8's...

i was under the impression if people have the car before the laws are finalised that your allowed to keep them?

am i right or wrongg?

cheers

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Irrelevant to cruise section...moved.

Crossy_014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equipe
im also very curious. get my p plates in feb so wondering if it will affect me if it begins in Jan 2010

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Ooh cheers for the reminder ay, i better go out and get my Ferrari now then..

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
If you've owned your car for the past 6 month you will be granted an excemption as stated in the newspapper but if your buying a new car you can't have 1.

So buy 1 now before it gets passed n hope you get the excemption letters or for prople who have them keep them dont put it up for sale just yet.

Also country SA will ber given excemptions for work porpose's eg. you want a V8 for highway fuel eco cos you need to travel say 80km a day etc