Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P plate roumor

KiWi1

11.00@126 Miss dat ****
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dead 11sec VX SS, Defected VP Ute
Sif flame!! I bloody agree man!! They should construct some sort of graduation system for new P platers, say a 3 step P plate graduation.

EG:

Stage 1: 80km limit, no car mods, 1 passenger max and a compulsory defensive driving course.

Stage 2: Same as stage 1 but allowed 2 passengers at certain times, maybe a further defensive driving course.

Stage 3: 100km limit, can have 4 passengers at certain time, no mods, must hold a certificate of defensive driving course in car at all times.

Or something to that effect........

HeHe hey bro. Good opinion too. I was expecting at least one P plater or uninformed person to flame, no one yet...... well of importance that is :)

Last edited:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Been working in Sydney for years champ.......

Its called the left lane :)

And a BIG GREEN "P"

Oh so you only have dual lanes on every road in NSW? Obviously that has changed in the 5 years I havent lived there.

KiWi1

11.00@126 Miss dat ****
Reaction score
Members Ride
What ****s me is Cobez. The $$$$ they wasted on making old P Platers, Green P Platers.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
ACT has never had speed limits for P plate or L plate drivers simply because it's extremely unsafe to have them going significantly slower than the other traffic.

NSW laws are stupid!

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Been working in Sydney for years champ.......

Its called the left lane :)

And a BIG GREEN "P"

Actually mate you are wrong there, P1 (red) drivers have a maximum speed limit of 90km, P2 (green) drivers have a maximum speed limit of 100km. Used to be 80km p/h ages ago but has since been changed :)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
ACT has never had speed limits for P plate or L plate drivers simply because it's extremely unsafe to have them going significantly slower than the other traffic.

NSW laws are stupid!

Exactly, funny thing is, watch all the full icensed drivers drive like ********s sitting behind somedoing 10 or 20 below a driver lol.

Provide better training and give everyone the same rules to drive by, end of story.

KiWi1

11.00@126 Miss dat ****
Reaction score
Members Ride
Agreed on that!

Driver training, longer sessions driving as a L-plater, harder testing. Fixing the roads would be a good thing too.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Has anyone heard the P plate roumor floating around that the brumby gov is going to take the new P plate laws away , as more people have been in more crashes from them?

I think somebody is pulling your ****er on that one mate. Don't hold your breath.

Reaper

Nanos

Not a Mod
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII LS1 Berlina Wagon
i think the idea of max speed for 1st year p platers is good idea. i dont think it would cause too much problems on the freeway as most freeways have dual lanes.

Most places i drive there is always one driver doing well under the limit anyway.

If P platers are limited in there first year to 80km/h it may just save some lives. If experienced drivers can not handle a car doing under the limit and drive safely around them then they too should not be on the road.

matt_gotigers

RINGERZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VXII Spac
80km/h speed limits are a bit harsh..im 5 months from gettin off p's and never had an infringment, never had an accident or been in one, i think these passenger restrictions are a joke and feel sorry for 18 year olds, its just going to eliminate car pooling for uni students, things like car pooling to the city on a weekend and to partys etc so its jus gona get more inexperienced driving on the road come night time..can you get your p's at 17 in sydney?