Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P plate roumor

Nanos

Not a Mod
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII LS1 Berlina Wagon
i agree on the passenger restrictions. i think they are wrong as well as it will cause another set of problems.

But something needs to be done to cap what the new drivers do. I am so tired of seeing new drivers on the road thinking they are the next peter brock.

i think its about time more education was done also. i think it should be compulsary to do a advanced drivers course for all new p platers. And i still think some sort of speed restriction is needed

I htink even maybe a night curfew as well

matt_gotigers

RINGERZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VXII Spac
i could agree with perhaps having to a driving coarse and perhaps a harder/test or series of tests to get the license but we've gota get around come night time too, the hoon laws are in to prevent d**kheads, i think they get their cars back too easily though.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Flame me, sif i care. But earn ya right to drive on the road!! Plus, there are a hell of alot more cars on the roads these days.

Simon

If only every 'current' driver earned their right aswell. Some of them are worse than fresh L platers.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
im sick of every second thread being about p plater laws, with P platers complaining about the laws being bad and the old guys complaining about the laws being good

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

KiWi1

11.00@126 Miss dat ****
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dead 11sec VX SS, Defected VP Ute
Actually mate you are wrong there, P1 (red) drivers have a maximum speed limit of 90km, P2 (green) drivers have a maximum speed limit of 100km. Used to be 80km p/h ages ago but has since been changed :)

Thanks Julie, :thumbsup: yes i was slightly incorrect.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Seriously, there is an easy way to fix all issues, speeding, hooning, drink driving etc.

1. Better training
2. Better licensing
3. Licence cost in excess of $1500
4. Higher points fines

Make people want to keep their licence(remove impound laws etc), it is far too cheap and too kind. If it is hard to get a licence, chances are people will appreciate it more.

KiWi1

11.00@126 Miss dat ****
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dead 11sec VX SS, Defected VP Ute
Spot on!! Oh well, we can talk, debate, argue, conflict, dwell all night etc. End of the day, its up to the Government tomake the rules, and for us to abide by them

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
What ****s me is Cobez. The $$$$ they wasted on making old P Platers, Green P Platers.

:rofl: Yeah man, our government / Vic Roads are a bunch of ****ing dipsticks. But hey, they seem to have ALL the answers ey! ;)

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
To obtain a licence cost upwards of $10,000 in a lot of foreign countries... And the training and testing process is extremely rigourous.