Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

p plater driving a 5ltre vs

rhysieboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt exec
hey guys just noticed last couple days theres been a p plater(red)driving around in a 5 litre vs.im in victoria by the way.this thing is no where near stock clubbie kit sigs the lot and the motor doesnt sound stock either real lumpy,my question is how the hell does he get away with it?ive seen him drive and definetly doesnt baby it around revs it right up and chirps the wheels at every corner.can anyone answer my dilema?

cheers
rhys

SMURFTEC.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS S Commodore
if its victoria, the power to weight ratio's exempt most 5 ltires!

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
if its victoria, the power to weight ratio's exempt most 5 ltires!

THIS.

In states where exemption is needed to drive super/ turbo /v8 - most just lie and get exemption, very easy to do it seems.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Yep, i drove around in a VS Senator for a while. Cops busted me and told me i couldnt drive it when i knew well that i could. Got a written and signed letter from HSV stating the kerb weight etc, took a photocopy of the car specs from my HSV owners compendium, wrote a letter and sent the defect back to the TMU headquarters in the city. They checked it all out and cancelled the defect a week later. They reckon most of the Vicroads rego stickers have one baseline weight for all VS HSV's (in my case), which state the weight for a normal VS 5 litre, not a Senator, Clubby etc, which was alot different. I also took the info from my compendium into Vicroads where they issued me a rego sticker with the cars CORRECT weight.

Now i just drive a 5.7 litre V8, ahhhh, the joys of a full license.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
my question is how the hell does he get away with it?

He gets in his car and drives? Not much to it.

Just because laws exist doesn't mean people will follow them. Maybe he just hasn't been caught yet. Either that or he drives down from the A.C.T. everyday.

I'm not really familiar with P plater power/cylinder laws like this, they don't exist where I live.

rhysieboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt exec
so you can drive a v8 on ya p plates?i always thought with the new hoon laws red p platers werent aloud but green p platers were aslong as it isnt the primary vehicle?

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
so you can drive a v8 on ya p plates?i always thought with the new hoon laws red p platers werent aloud but green p platers were aslong as it isnt the primary vehicle?

Not in Victoria you can't. So he's either gained an exemption or flouting the law.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Why not just wait untill you can legally?
Its four freaking years...

because everyone likes making a big "**** you" statement to the government, just like i plan to later this year with either a ls1 or l67

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Riight, then we'll be getting the "OMG the pigga's keep puling meh ovah all dah time coz i'm drivin a V8. But i haz exempton, so dey shud leve me alone ey" posts.

Why make life harder for yourself then it needs to be?
I think most young blokes should just chill for the four year stint, save the pennies and buy a nice car when they graduate from the P's. Rather then piss around with older v8's just so they can drive one.
No one cares about your "f**k you" statements. Most just laugh about the added stress you bring yourself.

Have fun though.