Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] P Platers and Extractors

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
G'day all,
i have a mate with the exact same ute as me, he's started to do his up though and told me he just put on an exhaust, when i asked him if he done a decent system with extractors etc he said nah extractors are defectable for p platers...

is this true?, i mean like, a vz alloytec with 175kw of power, and a new 2010 sv6 with 210 kw...i doubt extractors will get a 175 to 210kw...if a p plater can drive a 210kw standard car..what reason is there to not allow a 175kw alloytec with extractors that won't exceed 210kw?

hence why i ask the question, is there a law against p platers having extractors on their car? in NSW that is..

thanks everyone:D

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
If you got your P's after June 1 or whatever last year, NO MODIFICATIONS!!
though i don't know how tough cops are on it,is it worth risking for **** all kw lol.

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
we're both still on our l's atm, not long to go now...fair enough about no modifications koz there's too many wanker p platers out there, but still, driving a 210 kw compared to a modded 175 kw...the 175 still won't be putting out as much as the 210...ahh well, i think i'll still be doing some minor engine mods to my car though, just basic engine ones and cosmentic...manifold insulator, CAI(maybe), exhaust(no extractors) etc, just the minor stuff...other then that, maybe a paint job and sound system, lower it etc, you know the deal

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
yea, and some turbo cars eg cordia turbo don't even have 210kw,and the not allowed so get the fasted standard six you can :)

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
haha i'll gladly drive a new sv6 if anyone wants to buy me one haha:p..maybe i'll tell these holden technicians to get their finger out and build a new 6cyl puttin out 250kw + for under 20 grand...what am i on about..im dreaming haha

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
if you dont do anything hardcore you probly wont get done for it.

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
yea i was thinkin that...i've been with mates on their p's before and they've never been checked for loud exhausts or anything..infact, i had a mate nearly race a falcon wagon cop car out of a roundabout IDIOT haha...this cop either had high beams or ****in bright lights on, and he came up behind us quicker then he should have been..we arrived at the roundabout at roughly the same time, when my mate saw the ford headlights he said, stuff him i'll take him easy..he was in his vx s pack..when that cop car was right next to us on the roundabout, just as my mate stomped his accelerator...i saw the polive stickers on the side and told him...his exhaust was mighty loud, and yet, the coppers done nothing:S

pretty bloody lucky...ahh well, i won't go to the extent of extractors just now..not untill i find out about whats going on with jobs etc

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
ahhh no!! i have seen the paint burn of several withing the first day lol.

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
iv got extractors on my v6 and there silver and stand out, im on my greens and had the bonnet popped about 4 times now and none of them have said anything about them, thay just ask me if iv done anything to the car and i say no it was like this when i got it, cos it was.

cheers scott