Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] P Platers and Extractors

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
hey mate.
i think i got a facebook add off you the other day?
the bloke with the white vz on stockies?
i have extractors on my ute and i am in vic, my uncle is a coppa and said it is a grey area.
it depends on the cop, the knowledge they have about cars, the mood he is in, if your a smart ass and that kind of stuff.
but he said it is not something you would get defected for.
hope that helps. tim.

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
ohh yes tim haha yea thats me..i was on the JC facebook page, and someone said you have the shittest car or something and i laughed and you liked it, so i thought i'd add to see what the car was haha:p
hmm, i suppose i could say it was like that when i bought it..but if they check logbooks i doubt they'd believe an electrician company put extractors on it hahaha, ahh well..probably won't do extractors for a long while yet anyways.

cheers fellas:)

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
lmao my mate got a s15 and got pulled over... cop ended up telling him what his got. lol

keeny

keeny
Reaction score
Members Ride
BAGGED 04 VY SS S2 HBD MANUAL UTE
in nsw p platers are prohibited from driving certain vehicles. prohibited vechicles include vehicles with 8 or more cylinders except diesel. a turbo or supercharged vehicle diesels or vehicles with performance modifications requiring an engineers certificate. so if extractors dont legally require an engineers certificate and dont make the car louder than legal u r fine. infact im getting a set put on this weekend. lol

Chilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commy
G'day all,
i have a mate with the exact same ute as me, he's started to do his up though and told me he just put on an exhaust, when i asked him if he done a decent system with extractors etc he said nah extractors are defectable for p platers...

is this true?, i mean like, a vz alloytec with 175kw of power, and a new 2010 sv6 with 210 kw...i doubt extractors will get a 175 to 210kw...if a p plater can drive a 210kw standard car..what reason is there to not allow a 175kw alloytec with extractors that won't exceed 210kw?

hence why i ask the question, is there a law against p platers having extractors on their car? in NSW that is..

thanks everyone:D

My car has extractors, has F*** all power XD not sure about the legalities of it in NSW

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
so it's probs not really worht getting extractors then hey? when i was trying ot find an exhaust leak, i had my exhaust diconnected from the cat's back, and it was pretty muc jsut the exhaust manifold and cats still attached, i revved it to see how it would sound...when the revs got high it took a llooonnngggg time to wind back down to idle, i have a video of it if anyone wants to see haha, i think this mighta been because of low back pressure maybe?, would extractors do the same thing...i don't wanna have to stop or slow down with my clutch in and have the engine slowly descreasing in revs..any suggestions?

Chilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commy
Eh i have an auto, and the only car i've driven other than my car is .....a mazda 3 >.> so yeah i can't really say too much about it. All i know is that my car doesn't have that much power, i can only guess that it probably accelerates a tiny bit faster. Honestly if it's risky it's not worth the gain. Then again i've no idea what i'm talking about :) As far as i can tell the extractors shouldn't have any negative effect. i.e you shouldn't have to slow down because it holds the revs??? Honestly i don't know sh** about this (which is why i joined the forum..to learn :p) i'm sure someone more knowledgeable can fill you in.

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
oh, i meant like..if a light turned orange and i had to quickly put my clutch in and pull up..i don't wanna be sittin at the lights with my car still winding down, ahh well..like i said, if i do them, it won't be for a long while

Chilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commy
I see XD No, i don't think it would have that effect..certainly doesn't happen to me...but as i said i have an auto :p

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
ohh yes tim haha yea thats me..i was on the JC facebook page, and someone said you have the shittest car or something and i laughed and you liked it, so i thought i'd add to see what the car was haha:p
hmm, i suppose i could say it was like that when i bought it..but if they check logbooks i doubt they'd believe an electrician company put extractors on it hahaha, ahh well..probably won't do extractors for a long while yet anyways.

cheers fellas:)

haha, yeah that would have been my mate who drives a ford, such a hater.....
good luck with the extractor decision mate.