Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P1516 and P2101 fault code SSV VE S2

SSV364

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SSV S2 Redline
Hi All

A couple weeks ago I was driving the machine and it ended up going into to safety mode and when I got it home and checked the codes it came up with P1516 and P2101. I checked the forum and found that it it was rerated to the throttle body.
I did the following based on recommendation
Cleaned throttle body with carby cleaner but got the error again after driving for 10 mins
Changed the throttle body with a new one and got the error again after driving 30min but happened just before I arrived at destination

I have been searching the internet and could not find what else it could be

is there anything else I can look at ?

The only mods I have is Cat back exhaust 2 and half inch and air intake with Maf. There is not tune on the car
KMs 200k

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Doing a bit of reading and have to ask about changing the throttle body.
Read elsewhere that there are 2 types? Gold and Silver coloured Butterfly valve. did you change it to the same one?

When cleaning was it a quick spray or did you get into all the ports etc? could still have something in there.

Also give the MAF a clean with the proper MAF Cleaner spray.
Could also be a connection issue, so some contact cleaner on the plugs might also be required.

SSV364

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SSV S2 Redline
Doing a bit of reading and have to ask about changing the throttle body.
Read elsewhere that there are 2 types? Gold and Silver coloured Butterfly valve. did you change it to the same one?

When cleaning was it a quick spray or did you get into all the ports etc? could still have something in there.

Also give the MAF a clean with the proper MAF Cleaner spray.
Could also be a connection issue, so some contact cleaner on the plugs might also be required.
When cleaning the throttle body I really got in there spent a fair bit of time cleaning it out

For the throttle body yes I changed it to the same gold one as the last it was gold

I'll give the MAF a clean and.plugs a clean and let you know what happens

Thanks for the help

KHOLDEN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SSV Redline ute
I had my tuner do a Throttle re-learn procedure when I replaced mine

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yea try a throttle relearn as now its cleaner the position it thought was idle is now different so its seeing an error, throttle relearn may help or at least rules something out, as long as the cleaner didnt get into the rubber seals as the carby cleaners can be very harsh and eat thru some

SSV364

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SSV S2 Redline
yea try a throttle relearn as now its cleaner the position it thought was idle is now different so its seeing an error, throttle relearn may help or at least rules something out, as long as the cleaner didnt get into the rubber seals as the carby cleaners can be very harsh and eat thru some
Thanks I'll try this and let you guys know

KHOLDEN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SSV Redline ute
They also don't like being forced open manually

SSV364

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SSV S2 Redline
Hey lads
Did the idle relearn procedure and all is well with no more error codes coming up. I drove her around for a couple hours on long runs and no error codes so thanks alot it worked

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hey lads
Did the idle relearn procedure and all is well with no more error codes coming up. I drove her around for a couple hours on long runs and no error codes so thanks alot it worked

Thanks for the info feedback.