Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P2 driving prohibited vehicle

Sfilie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6
i wouldn't bother taking it to court, they don't really have power over the states road authorities to not fine u, it seems pretty obvious u broke to the law to the police officer, but if u were generally unaware that u couldn't drive a high powered vehicle with a fully licensed driver (which dosent make sense if ur on ur p's) then u should've gotten a warning. but other then that, i doubt theres anything else u can do about it.

tj_syd

Reaction score
Members Ride
V8
prohibited vehicle

My wife was driving C180 2005 and she was booked $430 because she is on P2. As you mentioned, that RTA did not include C180 2005 in prohibited vehicle list. She works at the hospital and sometimes she has to work at night time and public transport would not be a solution for her. The police officer told her that she will lose her licence if she drives this car again. I really would like to understand what could I do? We are not sure that she has lost her points or not because it is not marked in the penalty notice. What could we do about this? Since it is not listed in RTA prohibited vehicle list do we have any legal rights? I would really appreciate any advice.

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
if she got fined for driving a prohibited vehicle then yes points will be added to her licence

im assuming the c180 is a kompressor yes? if so its a prohibited vehicle

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
My wife was driving C180 2005 and she was booked $430 because she is on P2. As you mentioned, that RTA did not include C180 2005 in prohibited vehicle list. She works at the hospital and sometimes she has to work at night time and public transport would not be a solution for her. The police officer told her that she will lose her licence if she drives this car again. I really would like to understand what could I do? We are not sure that she has lost her points or not because it is not marked in the penalty notice. What could we do about this? Since it is not listed in RTA prohibited vehicle list do we have any legal rights? I would really appreciate any advice.

Purchase a cheaper car for her to drive to work till she is off her P plates?