Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pacemaker Exhaust for VE SV6

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
A good system that is fairly quiet but deep on idle and absolutely no drone is the Manta 2 1/4" twin into a 3" single. Good increases in torque right across the rev range too. $450 will get you this system. It comes out the rear as twin 2 1/4" but doesn't include tips.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
did you mean Kw instead torque?

even a top notch exhaust will be hard pressed to give you any real noticable 'torque' increase. they certainly have the potential to give some Kw gain... but the only way to gain torque is to make changes to the engine itself. does the manta still sound ok on the SIDI blocks?

jono0309

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
hey guys,
I just spoke to a good/respectable exhaust shop (which I would rather not say who, so to not start arguments) and the bloke said that he wouldn't touch the pacemaker, simply because its not that good and it really is just because of the material, even the quality of the system wouldn't be that good.

He said that on a VE V6 (SV6/Omega) he would suggest simply a set of new rear mufflers, the lower end of the mufflers being Xforce/Berklee/Redback/etc are "ok" for the price, but really you would want to be looking for the Manta and Powerflow mufflers...

The PowerFlow mufflers being slightly more pricey than the Manta, its hard to decide what to get, but right now I am looking to just get mufflers as he has warned me about getting catback systems like the Xforce, saying that they simply do not fit right, they have/never will and they just wear out too fast.

So what do you guys think? I am really put off now to go near the lower priced sets...
Cheers, Jono

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
did you mean Kw instead torque?

even a top notch exhaust will be hard pressed to give you any real noticable 'torque' increase. they certainly have the potential to give some Kw gain... but the only way to gain torque is to make changes to the engine itself. does the manta still sound ok on the SIDI blocks?

The kW figure is just a number calculated from torque.

And yes, I really did mean torque gains. Torque is what you feel in the seat of your pants when you accelerate, not power.