Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

pacemaker extractors/new to forums

undy22

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE V
Hi guys im new to the Forums

-first of all the car i got at the moment is a
-commodore ve v 06 auto "white" with a single exhausts "not dual"

-im thinking about doing some upgrades to it

- i think it sounds nice when i give it some throttle

-but when im just in low RPM /idle it does not really have a noise
-i been doing some research and i found allot of people have been using some
-pacemaker extractors on their ve with some X Force cat back exhaust

- i am wondering

1 - would the pacemaker extractors make much difference just buy them self ? "noise: wise" ?

2 if not what can i do to make it sound better

" and yes i do want a ss eventually lol"

-any opinions would be welcome

-sorry for sounding noob :)

-thanks

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Na mate extractors won't do anything to sound, some say they do but put it to you this way if you got a set of pacies for noise you will be disappointed. You can hear your exhaust "pulse" as the exhaust gas leaves the engine but that's about it. Mines a V8 though. Be wary of X force there systems are known to drone a bit.. Get a cat back exhaust and pacemaker headers is my suggestion. I couldn't reccomend an exhaust as I have a V8 not a V6.. Big Jim might know. Cheers

Nuddy989

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Na mate extractors won't do anything to sound, some say they do but put it to you this way if you got a set of pacies for noise you will be disappointed. You can hear your exhaust "pulse" as the exhaust gas leaves the engine but that's about it. Mines a V8 though. Be wary of X force there systems are known to drone a bit.. Get a cat back exhaust and pacemaker headers is my suggestion. I couldn't reccomend an exhaust as I have a V8 not a V6.. Big Jim might know. Cheers

put your standard extractors back on and listen to the "noise"

i'm not sure if your serious or trolling saying extractors make no difference to the sound

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Extractors by themselves make very little difference to the noise level of a stock system. If you have a bigger free flowing system and high flow cats, then extractors make a huge difference to the noise level.

There isn't much you can really do to a VE V6 that will make it sound "good".

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
I have a tuned 6 liter V8 and the headers made more top end power better throttle response but did nothing to the sound. If it did it was so small I can't notice. I'm not trolling ask anyone who knows exhausts the will agree. Hell go on pacemakers bloody website they them selves will tell you what I'm saying. They created more "engine noise" as I said you can hear the exhaust pulse.

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
The simple answer to this is 'no'. Headers by nature do not increase the Db range by themselves. The main reason for any exhaust system to increase the sound level is found in the choice of mufflers. Car manufacturers choose to use very restrictive but sound efficient reverse flow mufflers. These mufflers are very effective in reducing noise levels but also are very restrictive in flow. Some after market mufflers are very good in producing a high flow rate while still remaining within the law. Other mufflers are just too small in shape or too big in pipe diameter to do the job of effectively quieting the vehicles emissions. All customers wishing to alter their vehicles exhaust system should check with their states regulatory authority and work with reputable exhaust shops. Headers however do deepen the sound of the note of the exhaust. Much like a flute, if the pulse travelling down the barrel is allowed to escape through the first hole a high pitch is audible, however if the same pulse is allowed to complete the journey to the end, a much deeper note is heard. Headers by their design will have longer tubes than a standard manifold, creating a deeper note.

sv6 power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
welcome to the forum!
if you are going to upgrade your car eventually to an ss then i would recommend you buying a perry catback stainless steel exhaust which is a direct bolt on to the stock cats. no trimming required for your v6 nor for the v8. this is what i have on my car. lookup on youtube: ve v6 perry exhaust, and see if you like the noise. i got a full exhaust system now and will be posting another small video of the noise difference. on my car the hm headers made it sound much more barkier when on high rpm. if you like it i can recommend you someone