Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pacemaker vs Xforce vs Difillipo

geo41e

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS V
Hey guyz.
Wondering if we can getta response from all people with experience.

What, in your opnion, would be the best in terms of Raw power gains, Build quality, price, and sound ?
Also state what Hi flow cat, and cat back are being used.

Wonder if we can make this a sticky ?

Oh yeh, and its also coz I'm lookin at gettin a set of 1 3/4" xforce Headers and Hi flow cats + tune.

Anyway..please let me know what u have done.
what u started with, and what gains u came out with and price and shop fitted :)

Cheers !!
-Geoff

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Are you going to enter a wanking contest? Why is a power figure that important? And if you do pick the combo that has the most output, would you get your money's worth in terms of $ per kW over another brand? I don't see the point in spending an extra 2 or 3 hundred to gain 5 kW.

Having said that, I do a Hurricane 4-1 tuned header and hi flow steel cats in 2 1/2" for $1450 shipped. All bolt on.

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS and VS Senator 215i
My car came with exhaust, its got pacemaker 1 3/4 headers, 200cpsi metal cats and xforce twin 3". If i were to go out and buy them myself, the hurricane 4 into 1s are the best value for money, with ballistic 100cpsi metal cats from sureflo exhaust and a twin 3" system from xforce or manta. This system with a good otr will get you an easy 250-260rwkw with an otr and tune. Over the standard 200rwkw (or there abouts)

geo41e

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS V
wow Abba...this thread was just to know what peoples opinions are...
don't know where the wanker contest came just coz i was asking what power gains were,.

Homer's HSV

Homer Simpson
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE E3 Clubsport
If it was a wanking contest ild do well i would have more in my engine than a stock ss that i have
Cheers Good luck geo41e sorry no valid input from me since learning myself atm

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
Are you going to enter a wanking contest? Why is a power figure that important? And if you do pick the combo that has the most output, would you get your money's worth in terms of $ per kW over another brand? I don't see the point in spending an extra 2 or 3 hundred to gain 5 kW.

Having said that, I do a Hurricane 4-1 tuned header and hi flow steel cats in 2 1/2" for $1450 shipped. All bolt on.

nice one.....

Last edited:

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Are you only considering the 3 options in your first post? If not then Sureflo and KPM are up with some of the best quality exhausts (and top performers). Also Sureflo's Ballistic cats would be my pick of anything on the market.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
redback, then difillipo.... in terms of best sound. but sound is personal preference, so you'll find everyone has different opinions on this.
to me, pacemakers are too loud/rough sounding... too much treble. I like more of a low rumble.

geo41e

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS V
thanks for the input guyz

which i could find high quality MP3s of each setup etc...
would be great for marketing purposes *hint hint to shops out there hehe*