Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Packing Sensors not turning on!

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Ahhh ####. So much for proofreading ay? hahaha...

Oops..

Well.. No they just sometimes dont turn on. When you press the on button, the light flashes, but they dont turn on.

Rather annoying.

Also. Two of the back sensors are pushed in a little.. So I need to somehow push them back out. any tips?

Next time they dont work try opening the trailer plug door and letting it snap shut a few times. If this fixes it you need a new plug. The switch inside the plug that disable the reverse sensors when the door is open (ie a trailer is connected) can fail and cause this issue.

As for pushing them back out simply slide your hand beneath the car and up into the bumper recess, if there isnt enough room simply remove the push in clips along the bottom of the bumper to allow you to get in there.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
^^^^ Im presuming you have a towbar fitted here...

kraygh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportswagon
I have the same issue - will try the trailer plug door thing and see if that works.

Interesting that it could be the issue

crackah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
Next time they dont work try opening the trailer plug door and letting it snap shut a few times. If this fixes it you need a new plug. The switch inside the plug that disable the reverse sensors when the door is open (ie a trailer is connected) can fail and cause this issue.

As for pushing them back out simply slide your hand beneath the car and up into the bumper recess, if there isnt enough room simply remove the push in clips along the bottom of the bumper to allow you to get in there.

Thanks mate.

I just dont know how to access it, it just seems to hard to fit my hand in.
Should I remove any panels or anything? or should I really just be able to put my hand in.

Also, Not sure on the switch either, it just doesnt seem to fix it. Although, I can actually see a switch there. I have selected towball fitted in the settings to NO. Still no go.

Cheers

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Might be easier to just rip the rear bumper off...

Put a blanket down to lay the bumper on.

Open the boot

Unplug the reverse sensor harness, the connector is above the battery, its a small white connector. You can see it goes through a grommet into the rear space withing the bumper area.

Remove the 2 push clips and 1 phillips head screw from each wheel arch

Remove the push clips along the base of the bumper

Now one side at a time pull the sides of the bumper outwards from the car, they just unclip.

Once both sides are free pull the bumper rearwards and off the car, the trailer plug will prevent you going too far but you should be able to lay it down behind the car.

As for the trailer plug door switch it may be completely shagged if you cant get it working by fiddling with the door...

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
Just remove the three clips under the bumper and shove your hand up there, very easy, I just fitted a factory set to my VE.