Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Paint Removal off bumper

RichardW

Reaction score
Hi all,

Got home tonight to find out that my wife had decided to drive the car into the fence and leave a massive paint mark all down one side of the front bumper. I was really happy as you could imagine.

There is no panel damage just paint from the fence now on the bumper. Does anyone know of a product that will remove the fence paint from the bumper without taking off the bumper paint also? Any help would be great. Not that keen on taking it to a spraypainter/panel beater to fix.

Cheers

Rich

R

rattattack1313

That was clever of her...looooool...... off to Supercheap, mate...some Cut & Polish stuff is whats needed......apply gently, and it should take off the ....er....excess paint.......... :thumbsup:

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Yeah a cut & polish type product would be the best, but be careful not to use anything too aggressive or apply the product too aggressively.
I'd suggest one of the following products from Meguiars:

-Detailing Clay. This cleans paintwork by lifting off any contaminants / overspray / (fence paint !!) etc. without scratching the surface. Its good gear!!
-Medium Cut Paint Cleaner
-Dual action cleaner / polish

Meguiars are the ants pants of car / paint care products. Personally I wouldnt trust anything else.

RichardW

Reaction score
Thanks guys.
Spoke to the guy at Repco and he told me to use a small amount of Petrol it came off easily. Then I washed the bumper with Hot soapy water to get rid of any Pertol. Once I did that I used a Cut and Polish to make sure.

You would never know the wfe had done it now apart from the smallest scratch

Thats the second time now. I told her if she does it again, I am going to buy her a Falcon to drive around. That way I dont car what she does to the car.

D

Dead Head

If you have had the car repainted in 2pack then you can wash it off with thinners or even petrol if it will move it. Just test that it is not getting sticky. Wash it off,a bit of polish and like new. Thats only if you are sure it is 2pack.