Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Painted Engine Bay - Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
So I will stand by the claim it may help prevent the LOSS of KW from a VZ sitting in the sun all day.

So please......... let the flaming begin on another "logical" response.

ok...
firstly your comment is a bigger load of **** than that thing i just flushed, i swear it could have had a heart beat...

why do i say this... well... 1stly, how is a car going to loose power when its just "sitting in the sun all day" - i was always under the impression that an engine had to be running to make power... correct me if i am wrong tho...

2ndly, once the car is turned on and up to normal operating temp, the miniscule difference the painted manifold could have made has vanished..

but one thing that you have cleared up for me tho bigdaddycool, and i do have to thank you for this... is that now i do understand why my car runs better at night time... bigdaddycool thoery has it that cos the sun isnt on my bonnet making my manifold a little hotter... i reach full POWAHARRR

i might just go get one of those intake fans to get me more power too... where did you get yours from bigdaddycool... hahahahaha

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
PS. To contradict my SV6 point, my next car will be a Direct Injection SV6 lol .......... 6 speed, 210kw engine, 350nm torque at 2900rpm...... and with lsd and traction control........ they'd be alot better then the vz's i recon.

i just layed another brown cable... but you beat me again...

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Electronic Supercharger FTW.

Unless you've relocated the heater hoses and exhaust manifold, you're going to achieve very little.

Danoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 06 Exec
Just to clarify something else, in a way others may understand. I never once said I gained KW by painting in intake manifold. Those who have VCM Suite who tune their engines usually realise that the hotter the intake manifold gets or is, the more is pulls spark = slower car. Now what I also said above is after leaving the car in the sun ALL DAY, I felt the heat restistant paint actually HELPS prevent the bonent heat from heating up the intake manifold just sitting there in the sun. So I will stand by the claim it may help prevent the LOSS of KW from a VZ sitting in the sun all day.

If you notice the new direct injection alloytech engines also now contain a plastic cover which sits directly over the entire manifold.......... hmm wonder if holden felt the same about bonnet heat causing the manifolds to heat up and make the car lag from the start after sitting in the sun all day?????

Everyone knows heat kills the alloytechs power (heat lag).......... manifold heat. If you can do everything to reduce it, you dont loose power.......... I never said YOU GAIN POWER.

So please......... let the flaming begin on another "logical" response.

You just keep making up little stories don't you? Holden placed a little piece of plastic over the engine to prevent heat build up in the engine on a hot day? Wow. This gets better and better. The plastic cover is there PURELY for aesthetics!

You DID mention that your car went better after you painted a plastic engine cover and attributed the better responsiveness to the plastic cover keeping the bonnet cooler. I think its hilarious the little scenarios you make up in your head as to why your car is so good. Keep em coming mate, you are keeping some of us entertained. :thumbsup:

Danoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 06 Exec
lol this thread is a pisser, glad i stumbled across this crazy man thread

Its awesome hey... Im off to Super cheap auto to get some high temp paint to make my car go faster coz its cooler.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Covers came up well!! But paint the Alloytec badges so the lettering is black with behind it red. Leave as is, just paint the letters black.

Status
Not open for further replies.