Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Painted Engine covers

mistaken

... pimpin it VT stylez
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
I picked up basic auto primer, paint, and clear coat from SuperCheap. Hasn't bubbled and is fine. :)

Arth

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
After a few weeks I finally finished it the other Day. Thanks to those who gave tips/Advice on how to go about it all. I have attached some pics, I think It's come up quite well.

Cheers

Attachments

• engine 1.jpg
    engine 1.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 506
  • engine 2.jpg
    engine 2.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 942
  • engine 3.jpg
    engine 3.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 628

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
Anyone know how hard it is to remove the rocker covers cause I want to paint them too.

Optimus_Prime

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 Clubsport R8
Just undo the 7(?) bolts and take the covers off! If you dont have a socket set with elbows to get to the tricky ones it might be easier to take off the the air intake pipe & alternator. Also if the gasket is/gets broken or even looks pretty cruddy it would pay to replace them, they're only like < $15 from holden, save yourself the possibility of an oil leak... which i should have done when i took mine off just to see what it looked like inside :D

Heres my painted and 'modified' (as in busted a hole in it and glued a grille to it) super6 cover. Its the same colour as the car, though i like the writing you've done in the different colour Arth... might do mine black when i take the rocker covers off to paint them & replace the gaskets.

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
arth, how did you go about painting the writing and grooves?

A

AKII1R

g'day..ive just finished painting my cover gloss black came up pretty well. i need sum advice on the colours for the writing/and mabey the lines running along the top.

white wagon not sure about the colour code being white?

thanks

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
i like yours optimus........very neet looking............cheers

Arth

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
Chrisd79 said:
arth, how did you go about painting the writing and grooves?

Just masked it up. Using this fat masking tape, about 15cm wide then just used a knife to cut out the parts i wanted sprayed. In this case the letters and lines. Then for those bits that were missed or over sprayed I just fixed it up by hand with a fine brush.

B

Balistic3.8L

get rid of your engine covers and get a polished plenum ill post some pics when im finished polishing the throttle body and m.a.f and put back on the engine

Attachments

• car 002.jpg
    car 002.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 294
  • car 005.jpg
    car 005.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 329