Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

painting interior?

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
I tried taking off the stereo surround, but i couldnt remove one of the plugs, the 2 large ones i could remove, but the thin one attached to the flashin LED i couldnt undo. It was surrounded with this foam stuff which i ripped off, but still couldnt figure out how to take it off

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
yea that bit is a b!tch killuminati, took me ages to get, but finally got it:p

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
how???
sorry, i didnt actually ask in my previous post

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
Does any1 know? I still havent got it yet, mainly coz i gave up after the first try coz i get too fustrated and i will start ripping things apart

danny1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore sedan
there is a plug on it just undo that

^Porter^

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00' VT 5.7ltr A4
Painting dash surround etc..

Hi,
When i painted my dash surround and around the stereo etc i went to a hobby shop and got the Tamiya paint they use to paint the shells of remote control cars. It is an enamel pain so it wont come off and it has a good look to it IMO. I done it about 4 months ago now and found it works really good. Just make sure you paint it in a while undercoal first because the colours have a transparency to them so the colours do not look good being sprayed directly onto the black plastic. Here are a few pics.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
You guys are sacker's, it looks much better if you pull out the air vent and paint them as well as all the buttons and switches.

Attachments

• BT1-45.jpg
    BT1-45.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 900
  • BT1-46.jpg
    BT1-46.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 331

Lenny

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Equipe Series II
hey very nice BT1 VR. I'm busilly thinking of ways to waste money on my VR too... hmmm

Notorious

Notoriou$
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2 3.8L
I appreciate the time and effort you guys have done to make your cars look like this, so i wont say what i really think.. I just think it makes your car look cheap and nasty. thats my opinion, no intenstion to offend anyone

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
Notorious said:
I appreciate the time and effort you guys have done to make your cars look like this, so i wont say what i really think.. I just think it makes your car look cheap and nasty. thats my opinion, no intenstion to offend anyone

Yes if done wrong but if you know how to paint properly it turns out good and looks factory, over-spray and dodgy painting looks cheap and ****.

I did it myself to my old sedan but i wont do it again to my ute. If i did choose to paint the interior i would get it professionally sprayed....