Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

painting parts of car at home, what paint to use

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL Wagon
haha, about the tow hooks and shopping trolley, it was a shopping trolley now its gutted, doors are gutted, race seats, harnesses, sparco wheel, 245 semi slicks, and its still a stock 3.8l with an auto so no traction issues....ever
i call it a track car because its build for hill climbs with lots of weight reduction, not fast but i'm sure i'll be having more fun being slow on a track than you are trolling the internet.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
I don't know, trolling is pretty fun!!!

Yeah looked thru your pics, that's how I saw it was a sparco tow hook :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL Wagon
yeah it is isn't it, the hooks are from China....so its CDM not JDM

Young gun

Dream BIG!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
79 vb
The is a saying that enamal goes over everything, nothing goes over enamel.
I know you said you didnt like acrillic, but i think it might be your best bet. Its race car not show car dont need to fashy paint. Cheep and easy to use, its really not that hard to cut and polish (Personal bias i like acrillic)
If you have all the 2k stuff why not? Just need a perfect day, comeing in to summer should be some nice days.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
if your painting with anything other than 2k, you may as well take the money your going to spend on the paint and just throw it out the window on the freeway. cause in 6 months time it with either turn a yellow matt finish or start crows feet cracking....

not only that, but it will be the contributing factor to why the next person doesn't want to buy the car, cause fixing the horror core backyard paint is going to be triple the cars worth...