Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Painting the VX skirts

mistaken

... pimpin it VT stylez
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
lowVt18s said:
you can get a spray can of same colour from holden looks identical in colour... BUT... doesnt have the gloss finish so not rcomended but a cheap option

I've just done my door handle (drivers door handle broke when someone tried to break in) and the engine cover. 3 coats of primer, 3 coats color (correct code color from supercheap), and 3 coat clear. Both parts look bloody awesome now.

You could do side skirts in the same manner, cos they are long and slim so it won't be patchy like a panel would get. But its up to you, if you think you can do it :)

commnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore
Don't forget to paint the squirters on the bonnet.Also I painted the bump strips on doors, didn't remove them.

dunno vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive s1
yeah mate will take one and will put it on in the net couple of days

dunno vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive s1
those pics

psycho_circus said:
Got pictures? I have a tungsten vt that I am thinking about doing this to...

after the paint

Attachments

• 102_1821.jpg
    102_1821.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 992

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
dunno vx, did you do yours yourself or professionally. How much

R

Ralgon

got a silver vx2 and i found a mob who will make em carbon fibre look. think thats gonna be shmick

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
If anything, do not do the grill covers. I seen'em done in melb and they look ****.

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
Painting White VX

Hey guys, read the thread and it seems to be a 50/50 thing between self-painting and body-shop painting.
My 2001 VX front and rear bumpers are looking pretty damn shabby from previous owner (plus im pretty sure someone rammed a shopping trolley into my rear bumper not long after i bought it!)
It has also lost that great glossy look, so clear coat has clearly died somehow.
My dad completely restored an old MG 76 sprite of some sort and did all the paint himself and it came out an awesomely flawless metallic blue so i dont doubt his painting ability, but i was wondering what you guys think of getting the paint myself and doing it at home and any other suggestions?
so ill probs redo the front and rear bumpers, maybe even the boot and grey side skirts, possibly even rearview mirrors...
any hints or tips?