Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Parents looking to buy a series 1 VY "S"

Famine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
As the title says my parents are looking into buying a V6 S1 VY "S" commodore sedan auto. My dad asked me to check ask on here about any issues with these model cars and anything we should look out for when inspecting the car. I read the sticky thread about VY issues which kinda gives me a better idea. The car we're going to look at has about 60,000kms on it. Also what do you guys think is a good price? Its advertised at $24,000 or thereabouts, what price are these cars generally worth?

Thanks for any suggestions :)

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Price is on the high side for a VY. Dealer prices seem to range from 20-24k. You can get base VZ's for lower than that these days. A VZ might be a better buy as the VY S is not that high on the features anyway.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Yeah a bit pricey, i know a chick selling a 2005 vz sv6 with 80k for $20000, know which one i'd be buying!

Famine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Thanks guys, will pass on the word! :)

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Also issues, don't be surprised if you have many issues. Diff is one!

turbo89

Reaction score
hey depending on what state you are in, mine is for sale.

DETAILS REMOVED, NOT FOR SALE SECTION.

Last edited by a moderator:

VY5Speed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S - 5 Speed
Hey, I bought my VY S1 S Manual about 3 months ago for $18,000 Drive Away. Just click over 90,000KMS yesterday. Full Leather Interior might i add. Was a bargin for me as i was lookin at a VX S Manual for $20,000. And this was from a Holden Dealer!!!

Famine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
My parents bought a car today, they ended up getting a 2005 (august) VZ SV6 with 40,000kms for $23,000. Cant wait to see it, Im glad they went the VZ, Im interested to see how this alloytec goes :D

hawkau

Reaction score
Me and the missus have just bought a hothouse green VY S Auto. Top interior and exterior condition. Aftermarket alarm, aftermarket 18 inch wheels with new tyres, holden factory fit fog lights. Arounds 70000km for $24000 drive away. May have got better but we liked the car and bought it local. New to the forums so I will get some pics up soon. Am looking out for members who could help me with a stereo install and some other small mods. Thanks