Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

park light globe missing????

hbdvysute

Utes the word
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s ute
well i was changing the parker lights in my car today mind u the most unsual method ive ever seen, and i was having trouble placeing the driver side parker light loom thign back into the light, as i took the parker light back ut to see wat was goin on the globe was missing!!! its stuck in side the tear drop, has anyone any ideas on how to remove the globe or is it stuck there till the light has to be pulled apart???

ssute57l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
Dont pull the light apart, take it out, face the opening down and shake, or just leave it in there.

hbdvysute

Utes the word
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s ute
doesnt taking the light off require the front bar to be removed, its just wat i have heard, if this is the case, that globe has found a new home

ssute57l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
some say its easier to take the bar of than just the grill and try to get under,
Yeah if its not affecting anything just leave it there and don't worry about it

vy_acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VYII Acclaim
Tried using a magnet? You can buy telescopic magnets for next to nothing...

J

JA SV8

this happened to me!! it was the biggest pain.
I got one of those long things with like claws on the end and pulled it out that way, it worked, took a bit of effort and cut hands though....
I think i got the tool from a car shop, or hardware shop. Its one of those things you use to get small screws outta small spots.

Hope this helps
James

SPack

Wish it would rain......
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 sportwagon (phantom)
I had this happen to me also. I ended up removing the light assy to get it out. No need to remove bumper but the grill had to come out. It was a bit tricky but worked ok. To get the bulb out I used a long screwdriver with some bluetack on the end. You MUST make sure the bluetack is secure on the end of the screwdriver or it will end up lost with the bulb; fold it down the shaft a bit and wrap some tape around it. Don't make the bluetack too big or it will won't come out through the hole. Fiddly bloody job. Stupid design I rekon.