Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Park Lights on while switch is set to off

Anwyll

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Berlina V6
Just wondering if anyone else has had their VY operate with the park lights (and interior dash lighting) on permanently, even with the switch set to off? Despite this my light switch is functioning normally but they weren't doing this until a day or so ago.

Ultimately I guess it doesn't matter if they stay like this it is just a little annoying to know (yeah a little OCD ).

ERDEM_CIMBOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s ute series II 2003
hi mate had a similar problem, then i cheked my fuses one was poped, after i changed the blown fuse it went bak to normall

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
check door striker swicth is clean, that could be to do with interior light but parkers, mm thats a new one.

If your head light switch has an auto setting put it on auto and see if the parkers turn off after about 30 seconds.

Could be a relay thats dodgey, not sure tbh.

Anwyll

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Berlina V6
Ok fuses are all fine.

I have tested the autoswitch mode and also just flicking between 'Off' and 'Park' and noticed something odd. When the lights are flicked Off everything switches off and then within half a second the dash, stereo and climate control displays light up again (except not all lights, computer mode butons, headlight switch bottons, hazard light, etc).

Seems pretty weird to me, I noticed my front left park light globe is blown and will switch it tomorrow - surely that isn't what is messing stuff up?

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
could be dude, i know of indicator lights to blow and cause all weird kinda flashing problems. see how ya go