Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Park lights

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Hello to all i have bought some new blue park and tail lights for my ute. I have no trouble getting to my main light bulbs but i am having trouble working out how to get the little parking light out surely i don't have to pull the main caseing apart does anybody have any ideas out there thank

Is that blue for the tail lights as well???

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Just had a quick look in the manual and it states the following.

To gain access if replacing a bulb on the right hand side:
Remove the radiator cowl by placing a screwdriver under the four scrivets. Pop the scrivets and remoce the cowl. Undo the battery clamp, remove the battery retaining plate and slide the battery out of the way toward the rear of the vechicle. If the vehicle has a V8 engine and is fitter with a larger battery, the battery terminans must be disconnected, and the battery completely removed from the vehicle.

Note: After replacing the bulb on the right-hand side, remember to replace and connect the battery. Return the cowl to its original position and replace the scrivets.

To gain access if replacing a bulb on the left-hand side of a vehicle:
Remove the radiator cowl by placing a screwdriver under the four scrivets. Pop the scrivets and remoce the cowl. Pull the coolant filler bottle neck to remove it, and place it to one side. Remove the air-intake on the air filter box.

Note: After replacing the bulb on the left-hand side of a vehicle, remember to replace air-intake (der...) coolant filler bottle neck, cowl and scrivets.

Now theres 2 options for the park light depending on the headlight.

Front park lights (5 watts) - Higher luxury models

1. Open the bonnet, refer to 'front lights' previously described in this chapter (the information above)
2. Remove the park light bulb holder by turning it anticlockwise and pulling it straight out.
3. Remove the park light bulb by pulling if straight out of the holder.
4. Insert the new bulb into the holder, then install the holder.
5. Install componants removed

Front park lights (5watts) all other models

1. Open the bonnet, refer to 'front lights' previously described in this chapter (the information above)
2. Remove outboard low beam dust cover to access bulb.
3. Remove the park light bulb holder by turning it anticlockwise and pulling it straight out.
4. Remove the park light bulb by pulling if straight out of the holder.
5. Insert the new bulb into the holder, then install the holder and dust cap (ensuring the rubber seal is in place)
6. Install componants removed

Hope this helps :)

BINGO! That's the way to do it. :thumbsup:
That looks very similar to the instructions for my VY. I've done it a couple of times using these instructions and it's really quite easy...

mar-d-mac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Clubsport
you will find any other coloured light to the front of the vehicle that is not white (or yellow - fog) are illegal and you'll be defected.

similarly, there cannot be any other coloured light on the rear other than what the factory puts out.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
you will find any other coloured light to the front of the vehicle that is not white (or yellow - fog) are illegal and you'll be defected.

similarly, there cannot be any other coloured light on the rear other than what the factory puts out.

How about the white-blue ones? i.e. white with a slight blue shade to them?

Even if they are technically illegal, would you generally bother defecting someone for it?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina

Even if they are technically illegal, would you generally bother defecting someone for it?

Of course, blue lights are a very common defect and I speak to you from experience. I was defected myself for blue parkers when I went through my fully sick I have blue parkers stage.

mar-d-mac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Clubsport

the VSR's stipulate that any driving light being emitted from the front of the vehicle must have a white light, (excluding indicators).

i wouldn't necessarily defect someone for a white light that at angles changes to a light blue, like you see on fancy euro cars....

if i defect someone, i will search for more than one problem, unless the one problem i find is actually a roadworthy issue....

don't forget though, there are also infringement penalties under the VSR (Vehicle Standard Regulations), so it can be a double edged sword.

tja_bot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais A4
led park lights

yep.

im gunna get some white LEDs for my park lights, i reckon they would look alright with the 2 slits in the SS spec headlights.

I have done exactly what is stated above, see pics. Looks great.:thumbsup:
1.jpg

2.jpg

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
i have had blue parkers for about 6 months now and have them on all the time. have not had a drama yet with police and ive been through rbt's and stuff.

but saying that i had green ones in my lancer and the first day i had them i got pulled over for them.

tja_bot is that first photo taken at taren point???

this is where i got mine from have a look in his ebay store he has white ones as well

here

tja_bot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais A4
how'd you do that?

Change the crappy iradesent or whatever they are called for leds. Bought them form eBay form this store eBay Motors: 2 SUPER HID WHITE 9 LED LIGHT BULBS 921 912 (item 250208629329 end time Feb-20-08 20:20:41 PST)
TAKE NOTE: These ones will only fit in ss spec lights

i have had blue parkers for about 6 months now and have them on all the time. have not had a drama yet with police and ive been through rbt's and stuff.

but saying that i had green ones in my lancer and the first day i had them i got pulled over for them.

tja_bot is that first photo taken at taren point???

this is where i got mine from have a look in his ebay store he has white ones as well

here

Yes naff33n your right, from the shire. I think ive seen you around menai/barden ridge area, would this be you??

I've also changed my all my interior lights to leds, if anyone is interested let me know and i will post some pics up.;)