Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Parking inspectors

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
@tim...There has to be signs to tell you that you cant park there... unless it is a HWY/FWY...

@all the people that say they are doing their job, They can get another job if they dont like the abuse... Parking officers sign up knowing that they will get abused... They are like transit officers or police, Dont sign up if you cant take **** day in day out

melissasd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I copped a fine only a few weeks ago when I went to Supafest in Perth. I parked about 1km away from the stadium, down a small quiet street that had parking signs. So I parked there.
Got back to find an $85 fine! The only difference was the sign down the other end of the street had a 'permit only' part on it, the one I parked beside didn't.

Bet ya that night they had a bloody feild day walking the streets throwing around fines.

My brother in law got a speeding fine the other day, doing 109 in a 100 zone... $35 fine... yet the parking fine was $50 more, how that works out I don't know.

skerik

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Series 2 SS Thunder Ute
I got fined in St Kilda for having an expired Ticket.

The ticket expired 1min to midnight (you don't need a ticket between midnight - 6am) and I got fined at 11:59. It was almost as if they were waiting for my ticket to expire. I thought one minute, they're not going to be around at that time, who cares. Wrong.

I have also been fined for having a parking permit. Apparently the inspector couldn't see the permit (which was sitting on my dash in clear view of anyone walking past) and I got a fine. So I took some photos and sent it off to council, I got a letter back apologizing and the fine withdrawn. Not long after that, I find out 4 others who had a permit also got fined that day because the inspector "couldn't see the permit".

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
@all the people that say they are doing their job, They can get another job if they dont like the abuse... Parking officers sign up knowing that they will get abused... They are like transit officers or police, Dont sign up if you cant take **** day in day out

I'm sure not all of them sign up to be pricks, most probably just need a way to pay the bills, and if you've ever applied for jobs it's not always possible to just pick and choose the job you want.

It strikes me that there are systemic cultural problems within the profession. The presence of quotas is an obvious on, where if they are set unrealistically (a tempting thing for the councils to do, given the economics of it) the inspector has to meet a difficult quota then of course they are going to be ruthless and start concentrating on the letter, rather than spirit, of the law. That then becomes a viscous dehumanising cycle, as they'll inevitably cop more abuse from people, they'll become more convinced that suspect parkers deserve tickets, and on it goes.

I totally understand, and to some extent sympathise with, parking cops - yes they are just doing their job - however I absolutely loathe the councils that employ them and transform them into these stone cold arse-hats we all know and hate.