Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Part ID needed please

skerik

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Series 2 SS Thunder Ute
My front bar keeps falling off a little on the drivers side, so I went to fix the problem, but the part where the screw would normally go through to keep it on the car is broken.

The dodgy red circle marks the bit that's actually broken
broken.jpg

Can someone tell me what the part is called or even give me a part number so I can get it replaced? It's annoying as sometimes when I'm driving it will just hang down a fair bit. I've even been pulled up and told to fix it.

This shows roughly how far it hangs down when it does come off:
bumper.jpg

The whole front bar should be replaced at some stage because the bit where it bolts onto the car under the hood is snapped on one side as well and I would like a different bar so it has the fog light bezels already in it so I can put some fog lights in (I don't like the idea of fog lights bolted onto a standard bar)

Any help would be great. Thanks

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
I can't help with the name as I can't remember it but they are $44 at GMH spare parts places, Each! Any wreckers who wreck Commodores will have them but you will find that good ones are rare. I have been looking for 2 of them for a while as I am not paying $88 for them if I can avoid it.

skerik

Reaction score
Members Ride
I only need the one. So it might be worth buying the one and somehow strengthening it so it won't easily break like this one

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I fixed mine by using one of those U shaped nut thingys that you use when mounting speakers in your door / parcel shelf . The one i used was about 3 times bigger , cost about $5 for a pack of 10 from Bunnings

skerik

Reaction score
Members Ride
I went to most of the local wreckers and there was one wrecker that actually had one still intact, but the thieves wanted $36 for it, so I went to my local Holden Dealer and got one for $30 brand new. And the plastic looks thicker than the last one so it should go alright providing I don't rip it off on a gutter or something.

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
skerik, which dealer did you go to? The mongrels in blacktown quoted me $44 each.

skerik

Reaction score
Members Ride
skerik, which dealer did you go to? The mongrels in blacktown quoted me $44 each.

I'm in Eastern Victoria. Though I found out not long after I posted this afternoon, my mate read the forum and rang me to tell me that he could have got the part for cost (he works at the Toyota Dealer which is next door to the Holden Dealer)