Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Part of Drivers Door Wire Boot Missing

TheDmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I had power windows installed in my car on Tuesday. They work fine. All well and good there. But they've either forgotten, or broken (not sure if it's one piece) a piece of the rubber wire boot. At first I was concerned as I thought water may damage wires. Asked the installer and a few other people I know they all said it's fine. Not to mention its rained since the install and all is well. That's not my concern though. I think that missing part of the boot must help wires in place (correct me if I'm wrong) as when ever I open my door fully, every other door unlocks.

I'm going to get the people who installed the power windows to fix it but they're yet to respond to my messages so my questions today are;

1) Is the missing part a separate piece or is it one whole piece with a part missing
2) If it's a separate piece is it as simple as going to the wreckers, getting that missing part, unplugging the wires that seem to be plugged into the body of the car and sliding the wires through it and plugging them back in?

I've included an image below

BPi1pra.jpg

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
The rubber boot is one piece, that one is torn. You might need to replace the whole loom.

TheDmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
The rubber boot is one piece, that one is torn. You might need to replace the whole loom.

Well that sucks. If the people who install it don't get back to me I might have to come up with a temporary solution to hold the wires in place better. Being wires I wasn't sure what to use. Hopefully they're able to sort it for me though.

billythakid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx II Executive
That is pretty shoddy if installed by professionals
Could Pinch the wires in the door
Get a piece of split conduit to put them in temporarily till its fixed

I'd be ringing them and going off

TheDmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
That is pretty shoddy if installed by professionals
Could Pinch the wires in the door
Get a piece of split conduit to put them in temporarily till its fixed

I'd be ringing them and going off

They are professionals. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt for now.

EDIT: Fixed

Last edited: