Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Part values.

Coldplaysuk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Supercharged
Hi, I'm new to this forum and was hoping someone could help me out. I have a VY S pack sedan that has been written off (rear ended). The vehicle belongs to my uncle and his insurance didn't cover the damage to his car unfortunately. So I've offered to strip it for parts and sell them off to hopefully get him more money than what a wrecker would pay.

I'm a diesel mechanic, so should be fine with anything technical, but I have little knowledge of what parts are worth. Most of the parts will be listed as an auction with a modest starting bid, but I'm somewhat stuck in regards to the engine and transmission. I've done plenty of research to try and find out what the engine and transmission are worth, but haven't had any luck. I'm also tossing up whether to sell the engine and transmission together, along with the ECU, wiring harness and all bolt on accessories. Or whether I should sell them all separately.

I understand that as a new member to this forum, I am not allowed to list anything in the classifieds, so I'll be selling everything via eBay. I also hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this (I apologise if I am).

So basically, all I'm asking is whether anyone could give me an idea as to what these parts are worth. It's a VY sedan, 2002 model, supercharged V6, automatic with somewhere between 100,000kM and 120,000kM on the clock (I haven't picked the car up yet, so not entirely sure what the mileage is).

I'd greatly appreciate if anyone could help me out with this. I basically want to avoid getting ripped off and don't want my listing to attract unsavory types.

Thanks.