Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

passenger door wont unlock

chasnmdnite

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
the passenger door in my ute doesnt want to unlock. central locking hasnt worked since i changed the door locks but wasnt an issue as i could manually pull up the lock. however now if i pull up the lock tab it goes back down, can try pull it up and open handle but the door stays locked, tried hitting it while pulling tab up and nothing. ive had a look at some other threads, and they mention pulling apart some one the trim to access the lock mechanism, will i have to take the tab off to do it? and how do i know what to move around?
cheers

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
the plastic in the lock catches are breaking down. I have had to do a couple now.

If jiggling the lock snib & handle gets you no where, then you will need to pull the trim off to go further.

I had to sacrifice the lock snib when I did this. Got someone to forcibly pull the snib up while I dug the orange tab out to get to the screw. Once I got that off, the trim can be removed and you can get at the rods.

Try moving the rods, if that's no good see if you can flick the door catch from the inside with a screwdriver into the mechanism. Hard to explain but once you are in, you will see once you start poking around.

I found once I got the door open, and took the lock catch off, it pretty much crumbled.